123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio Digital Out Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cazzz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Audio Digital Out Help Reply with quote

2011 Mac Mini.

I have a TOSLINK cable connected to the mini through a simple DAC into a pair of speakers.

It works fine. Except I have no volume control.

The setting screen has digital out selected and the settings for the device say, "The selected device has no output controls"

I was hoping to use the PowerMate to control volume to the digital output but that is not working. It works fine for analog out through the headphone jack.

I need volume control at the computer level for the digital out, is it possible?
saul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a quick search: Soundflower

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20090111110741237
cazzz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saul,

Thanks, the utility looks good I will give it a try. The thread was good as well and explains what I already suspected.

I am working on an audio interface solution for placing the mac mini in my car and connecting directly to the amp.

Volume, fade, and balance are what I am looking into.

I think this utility will help me experiment to find the best solution.

Caz
cazzz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soundflower works as advertised. I can now control the volume of the digital output.

I won't know if this works for my application until I hook it up to the car amp and see what happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: