123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MacUpdate Unveils Summer 2012 Software Bundle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: MacUpdate Unveils Summer 2012 Software Bundle Reply with quote

MacUpdate Unveils Summer 2012 Software Bundle
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Posted by: Staff

MacUpdate today announced the availability of their Summer 2012 Software Bundle. The applications being offered in this bundle include Parallels Desktop 7, ScreenFlow 3, Civilization V, Jaksta, Espionage 3, Speed Download 5, Attachment Tamer 3, KeyCue 6, A Better Finder Rename 9 and My Living Desktop 5. The first 10,000 buyers of this bundle also get a copy of BusyCal as an extra bonus. So, check out the video and links down below if you are interested.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1830.html
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like they keep going back and forth with Parallels and Fusion with these bundles. Not a bad deal if you want one, but then there isn't much else exciting left behind them. I have read some good things about Busycal though.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise, I have heard good things about busycal. Anyone have any experience with it? What's better about it than iCal alone?
Dinshaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
What's better about it than iCal alone?

No faux leather. Smile

I have been a Busycal user for about 3-4 months. The ease of setup and syncing with Google Calendars is what initially drew me to the application. It hasn't let me down either. Busycal also has a handy list view so you can all your events on one screen. I don't think iCal allows you do that. It's just very well thought out. They kinda out Appled Apple with this application.
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also read many positive reviews about BusyCal. I just think that iCal might get stronger with Mountain Lion. At least when in comes to integrating with the Notification Center. Now I'm wondering if third-party apps will share this same support? If so, this might be a good time to switch. Because BusyCal looks and sounds far more compelling. I also happen to think the UI looks much cleaner.
Grover Time

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought one for Parallels and Busycal. The rest is just a bonus. Even though I probably won't use them.
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tempted, but I know that Parallels is due for an update when Mountain Lion comes out and their upgrade costs are not always all that affordable, so I'm hesitant. Sadly not one of the other apps is tempting.
Texark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y-Guy wrote:
Tempted, but I know that Parallels is due for an update when Mountain Lion comes out and their upgrade costs are not always all that affordable, so I'm hesitant. Sadly not one of the other apps is tempting.

But it already basically supports Mountain Lion and Windows 8. I honestly don't see a major update coming until the later is released. I do agree with you though. It's something to think about.

I'm sort of thinking about grabbing one for Busycal and Parallels, but I'm on the fence for now. Who knows, maybe they will sweeten the deal with CS6 or something at the end. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: