123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iCal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiat

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: iCal Reply with quote

Hi, This is another strange thing happened recently on my early 09 mini OSX10.6.8: as of now I see date info on up-right corner that shows: Tue May 8, but the iCal icon on bottom shows: May 7. If I open iCal it highlight today as May 8 and the icon changes to show May 8 correctly. Then if I close iCal the icon shows back to May 7! I don't know when this has happened, but it has become somehow collapsed... Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try trashing the com.apple.iApps.plist; com.apple.iCal.helper.plist; and com.apple.iCal.plist files from your ~/library/preferences folder. Then restart your system.
fiat

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ben. It does fix the problem. But still have no idea what's gone wrong with iCal? Care to share? Thanks
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems 10.6 has some issues with the clock vs app time it's weird that is why i left snow for it kept messing with me i wasn't happy nor was i happy with lion but i am loving mountain lion on my 2010 mac mini
fiat

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise! How did you get ML on your mini? How/why do you enjoy/love it? I am looking forward to running away from SL and using a new OSX. Please share. Thanks
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of those preference files probably became corrupted for whatever reason. So you really have two options at that point. Repair the disk permissions or reset the app preferences by trashing the associated .plist file. I always seem to have better luck trashing the .plist file. That's why I recommended giving it a shot. I'm glad to hear that it worked, right?
camyam27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Delete iCal file Reply with quote

I opened at IMac desktop application to "iCal icon" remove out to trash. I want delete the all old file.
I clicked at "trash Empty", the iCal icon won't deleted. The iCal showed "The operation can't be completed because the item “iCalDockTilePlugIn” is in use."
What it means? I did closed all the files.
camyam27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Tex wrote:
Try trashing the com.apple.iApps.plist; com.apple.iCal.helper.plist; and com.apple.iCal.plist files from your ~/library/preferences folder. Then restart your system.

I am little confused of this^^^^. I did try it and not work..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: