123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazon Releases Cloud Drive for Mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Amazon Releases Cloud Drive for Mac Reply with quote

Amazon Releases Cloud Drive for Mac
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Posted by: Kenan

It's been busy couple weeks up in the cloud. First, you had Microsoft release SkyDrive for Mac. Then Google went and released their Google Drive service with a desktop application for the Mac. And now, Amazon has released a desktop application for the Mac for their Cloud Drive service. This application allows users to upload files to the service by simply dragging files or folders to an icon in the menu bar. But on the downside, the application doesn't appear to offer a way to automatically sync your files with the service. You need to manually upload your files after changes are made to them. Nor does it create a dedicated folder on your Mac to manage or view. Amazon does provide 5GB worth of free space though. So, check it out if you are interested or already a user. It does seem to work well minus a couple shortcomings.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1819.html

Last edited by admin on Wed May 02, 2012 11:55 pm; edited 8 times in total
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool beans! I've been using Cloud Drive and Player since it first came out. The Player became even more useful when they added support for iOS and HTML5 on the web-based interface. In fact, it's how I listen to all of my favorite music now. After upgrading to 20GB for $20 a year. Kinda seemed like a better deal than iTunes Match. Even though it takes a long time to upgrade everything.
Rightondamark

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely take a look-see. But as far as I'm concerned, Dropbox and Google Drive are the best services out there. I can't wait for the latter to drop its apps for the iPhone and iPad. Just hope it's a lot better than the Gmail app. That thing really sucks.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like SkyDrive now. I used to love MobileMe, but ever since it became iCloud, it almost seems like they removed lots of capabilities.

I'll surely look at the Amazon's solution.
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Apple needs to bring back iDisk or buy Dropbox. iCloud is okay though. I just wish that it offered this kind of functionality again.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquaman wrote:
I think Apple needs to bring back iDisk or buy Dropbox. iCloud is okay though. I just wish that it offered this kind of functionality again.

I agree. I also miss iWeb. Sure, there's better solutions out there, but iWeb was so easy, and much fun, to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: