123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did anyone try the Diablo III preview over the weekend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacWaffler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Did anyone try the Diablo III preview over the weekend? Reply with quote

On a 2011 Intel graphics mini? I was busy so I didn't get a chance, and I've seen video of it running passably on a MacBook Air, but was curious if anyone tried it on a newer mini?

I have no idea where I'm going, but I'm making great time...
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran it on my iMac, ran fine. 2.4GHz, 4GB, ATI HD2600 256MB
MacWaffler

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI tried the starter edition via a guest pass last night, if you crank everything down to lowest settings and run at 1280x720 the game will hang in the low 30s and spike into the 40s. It wasn't hideous but it wasn't gorgeous either, but you could play, at least the early single player acts (later acts are reportedly more demanding) with some enjoyment. From a game play perspective it was a bit too much of 'been there, done that' for me, I'd sooner spend my money on Baldur's Gate Enhanced if I'm going back in time.

macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the main issues with III that people dont notice is III is always connected to the internet so if your internet connection doesnt work well the game lags and has graphics problems they are currently working on a patch that should get everything up to par remember blizzard isn't stupid they wait and see what goes wrong then fixes it within a week week and a half
MacWaffler

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the 'always connected' issue has anything to do with the Intel HD 3000 not being well supported by the engine, it's listed on their support site as only capable of low quality. Maybe it can get a little better, but they clearly didn't target it during development so it's probably not going to be a massive improvement.

This isn't the Blizzard we all know and love, that Blizzard would never have penalized the paying customer the way Activision/Blizzard is this time, let alone released such a buggy game at launch.

TTGSteve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, unfortunately I didn't get to try it. The game looks amazing, though. I was a big fan of 1 and 2.
geektechgamer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried the open beta and got to Level 5 before the servers went offline. Gotta say it doesn't feel much different from previous entries...Tuff Tanks is a online shooter game where you play solo, co-op, or against other players in this addictive turn-based artillery shooter! Customize your own tank, utilize an arsenal of weapons, complete missions with friends, or fight together in up to 4v4 multiplayer combat!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: