123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Updates Apple TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Apple Updates Apple TV Reply with quote

Apple Updates Apple TV
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Posted by: Staff

Apple today announced the new Apple TV featuring support for 1080p video. According to the company, the new Apple TV also features a simpler, refined user interface making it easier than ever to access your purchased movies, TV shows and music with iTunes Match right from iCloud. And with AirPlay, users can stream or mirror their favorite content from their iPad or iPhone 4S to Apple TV.

"People are going to love streaming movies and TV shows in 1080p with the new Apple TV, and photos look beautiful displayed at the maximum resolution of your TV," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "Apple TV is easier than ever to use with its new icon-based interface and the ability to access your purchased movies, TV shows and music right from iCloud."

Apple TV users can choose from an incredible selection of programming including over 15,000 movies and over 90,000 TV episodes on the iTunes Store. Apple TV also offers content from Netflix's streaming catalog, live sports from MLB, NBA and NHL as well as Internet content from Vimeo, YouTube and Flickr.

The new Apple TV will be available on Friday, March 16th for a suggested retail price of $99 through the Apple online store, Apple's retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1793.html
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the hardware get updated? For some reason I thought the last one had the a5 chip.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Finkle wrote:
Did the hardware get updated? For some reason I thought the last one had the a5 chip.

It had an A4.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Ray Finkle wrote:

It had an A4.

Ok thanks. Very tempting I guess I'm worried that something better is coming just around the corner for apple tv. But it's not like it's a ton of money so I just might get it.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Finkle wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
Ray Finkle wrote:

It had an A4.

Ok thanks. Very tempting I guess I'm worried that something better is coming just around the corner for apple tv. But it's not like it's a ton of money so I just might get it.

I highly suggest you get it. My guess is that this model will remain on the market for at least 2 years. It will get multiple software updates during that time just like the 2 has.
Yes it is cheap, you will have no regrets.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Ray Finkle wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
Ray Finkle wrote:

It had an A4.

I highly suggest you get it. My guess is that this model will remain on the market for at least 2 years. It will get multiple software updates during that time just like the 2 has.
Yes it is cheap, you will have no regrets.

Thanks for the tip. I actually think I want this more than a new iPad. Probably because I don't have apple tv yet. It would be new to me.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray, I can say the same thing about both products.
I never fully appreciated either product until owning them. I enjoy both the iPad and Apple TV.
Every month Apple TV offers something new. More and more players are getting on board with Apple. Some of the content is free (like the Wall Street Journal). Lots of cool video clips like Walt Mosberg reviews et.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Ray, I can say the same thing about both products.
I never fully appreciated either product until owning them. I enjoy both the iPad and Apple TV.
Every month Apple TV offers something new. More and more players are getting on board with Apple. Some of the content is free (like the Wall Street Journal). Lots of cool video clips like Walt Mosberg reviews et.

I just put in my order for one. So I can't wait to check it out. I think being able to pipe PBS and other apps to my tv would be cool too. I think the iPad will work nicely together with the apple tv. Then we got mountain lion coming and being able to pipe our macs to our tv's will add connectivity and synergy of all the devices.
mdgm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still reckon Mac Mini >>> Apple TV.

Still no option on the Apple TV to connect a TV tuner. Whilst having 1080p video support is nice, it's still got too many flaws in my view.
2011 Mini Server
NAS - 10 x ReadyNAS units
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: