123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPod not detected with Late 2009 Mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrfaize

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: iPod not detected with Late 2009 Mini Reply with quote

I'm trying to connect a iPod Nano 2G to my Late 2009 2.53 Mac Mini but it is not detected in Finder and therefore not in iTunes. Using the same cable I have another iPod Nano 2G which is detected and works fine. Using the same both iPods are detected on a Windows 7 laptop.

Therefore logically the problem points at the Mac Mini.

I have restored the iPod but still no go. Is there a list of USB devices in a .plist file or similar that I might be able to clean up?
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might not be that certain iPods are usb picky thats how i got my iPod classic for free.

Let me tell you my story.

i got a iPod classic for free because it wouldn't connect to windows i tried and it didn't like any windows machine or mac it lagged horrible and worse wouldn't appear in iTunes i did a restore but then i remembered something while doing the restore on the win blows edition i have on my mac mini i for got about powered hubs i connected my powered usb hub and it worked no issues i contacted a support rep at apple who basically said you don't have enough power to power the sync and your devices at the same time and dang if she wasn't correct.

my solution try a powered usb port
mrfaize

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply - I've tried it in all USB ports on the Mac Mini. The iPod shows it's charging but doesn't show in Finder.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like the iPod is corrupted.

this is also easy to fix but you need windows you have to format the iPod in windows do a restore then connect it back to a mac how you format a iPod is easy from my computer.

right click on the iPod select format once formatted disconnect the iPod then plug the iPod back in iTunes should start up and restore the device
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29882

this user was having the same issue with a g drive not enough usb power
mrfaize

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Tried Windows Format and Restore but still not connecting on Mac.

I think it is getting power as it shows as charging when connected to the Mac Mini. Also I have Formac external drive which works for USB but not through Firewire. It doesn't show up in Finder when connected with FW even though I'm sure it has in the past.

It's almost like a list of devices is corrupt on the Mini. A new iPod Nano connects fine.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that is weird!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: