123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any other Windows developers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nalenb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Any other Windows developers? Reply with quote

I write software for Windows, both for my full time job and on the side. I won't be giving either up now that I have my nice shiney Mac mini. Instead I'm gaining experience developing for OSX as well. Right now I'm trying to figure out where each computer orientated task (email, rss, coding, etc.) should live.

Any one else using Windows and OSX and can't move to either 100%? I'd love to hear how your are managing tasks for each.
idave

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I understand your question entirely but it took me a while to migrate from Windows to OS X. I mostly do a little web development and graphic work. Are you looking for programs to handle the tasks you mentioned "email, rss, coding"?
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
nalenb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I'm looking for people who write Windows applications, but also use or develop on a Mac. Since I write Windows applications, I won't ever be on the Mac 100% of the time and therefore I need to do some actions on one OS and some on the other and some actions on both. I'm wondering how others have sorted this problem out.
John

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started writing CP/M apps in early 80s, DOS from about 83 & Windows from 92 through now. Mac Mini is my first Mac. I bought an Apple keyboard & one button mouse to ease the transition. Keyboard good, mouse bad idea. Even in OS X right mouseclicks are important/useful.

I have no intention of becoming a Mac developer. I'm enjoying being a user far too much. I bought the Mini to support my digital photography/video hobbies. I know how to fix permissions on disk drives & that's about it. Hope to keep it that way!
nalenb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the white Apple corded keyboard too, even for Windows. I hate the new breed of keyboards with tons of multimedia buttons. Seems to work well.
John

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to figure out how to simulate a right mouse click when running XP via Remote Desktop. Control click seems to work in Mac Apps, but has no effect in a Windows session. Too cheap to spend $40 on a decent USB multibutton mouse.
nalenb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen decent Logitech ones for $20.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: