123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

macbook air will not stay logged in to wifi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harblaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: macbook air will not stay logged in to wifi Reply with quote

I have a macbook air and an airport express at home and a time capsule at work. I have the both the work and home wifi network listed on my preferred networks lists but when I come home with the computer it will not automatically log into the home network. I have to click on the wifi icon in the upper right screen corner, wait for the list of available networks to populate, then select my home network. Also, it will not hold onto the home network signal. When the computer goes to sleep and I wake it up I again have to re login to the home network. The computer does not do this at my office network. At the office it logs in automatically and holds onto the wifi. As far as I can tell I have the networks set up exactly the same. Any suggestions? It is not a big problem but very annoying.

Thanks
mooblie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume in System Preferences: Network: Airport: Advanced: you have "Remember networks this computer has joined" set to ON?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: