123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD copy 2012 style
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use RipIt for ripping, HandBrake for transcoding, and Popcorn for burning.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tales wrote:
OT... Hi Devo wish you & the Family well down South. No early Retirement, I Passed all tests & enough votes to get into the Motion Picture Studio Mechanics.
Thanks tales! Bummer about not being able to retire early, but that's cool. You sure have worked on some pretty awesome shows.

I gave RipIt a try and found it to simple and fast. In fact, I ended up buying it the other night. I even found an old coupon code "THANKYOU25" that worked and brought the price down to like $18 or something.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I ended up buying it the other night. I even found an old coupon code "THANKYOU25" that worked and brought the price down to like $18 or something.

Cool. Hopefully it works well for you.

Any of the movies I had, I was able to rip with good old Mactheripper back in the day. I haven't bought anything new since then and likely never will buy another DVD.

Are you still purchasing DVDs? Kids movies?

Last edited by Bandit Bill on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo, hope your going for the Giants! Yes I'm building sets for Royal Pains, Nurse Jackie, 30 Rock, Ringer, The 2-2 & a few De Niro movies/productions etc.

Ripit does MP4 also.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Any of the movies I had, I was able to rip with good old Mactheripper back in the day. I haven't bought anything new since then and likely never will buy another DVD.

What are you doing for movies these days? Are you renting and buying through iTunes or Amazon? Or are you talking Blu-ray. Most of the stuff we actually buy is on Blu-ray.

Bandit Bill wrote:
Are you still purchasing DVDs? Kids movies?

Mostly kids movies and some "cough cough" rentals "cough cough" here and there. Things that we run out of time to watch for whatever reason.

tales wrote:
devo, hope your going for the Giants! Yes I'm building sets for Royal Pains, Nurse Jackie, 30 Rock, Ringer, The 2-2 & a few De Niro movies/productions etc.

I've always been more of a Jets fan, but I was glad to see them win. I really just hate the Patriots. I'd rather see anyone win than them.

Eli Manning sure is turning out to be a big game QB though. I never thought he'd be as good as his brother, but man did he ever prove me wrong. I also think that Tom Coughlin is a classy and old school coach. Rex looks like an a-hole compared to him. Which he really kinda is anyways.

Wow, those are awesome shows! The wife and I watch 30 Rock and Nurse Jackie all the time. 30 Rock always has some interesting sets too. I mean, based on that SNL type show. I always forget what it's called.

tales wrote:
Ripit does MP4 also.

I haven't tried that feature yet. I really just like the simple interface for ripping to Video TS. It also seems quicker than DVDFab for Mac for whatever reason. And it seems to rip newer movies from a certain studio better. I couldn't even rip them with DVDFab.
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MakeMKV and Handbrake, mainly for Bluray, but not all.
Mini 2.0GHz (Early 2009), 4GB RAM, 320GB 72k RPM HD
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for the combination of MakeMKV and Handbrake. The latter being virtually irreplaceable in my book.
2 x 20" Apple Cinemas
http://www.hawaiimacnuts.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: