123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem: Connection via HDMI to TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris650

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Problem: Connection via HDMI to TV Reply with quote

I have just bought Samsung un55d6050. When i connect my brand new Mac Mini (2011) directly from computer's hdmi to the tv, the display is very quality:
my first impression is the images and text are not sharp. Upon close inspection, there is a pixel wide halo around text, which makes the image not sharp and smooth.

Note: I also have an older Mac Mini (2008) connected to VGA port of the TV, which looks perfectly smooth sharp.

What's the problem? I called Apple. They did all the trouble shoot. They told me that it's most likely that my tv's hdmi needs configuration for computer input. Also, they did online search, and found that for Samsung recent model especially 3D models, that halo problem is widely known and can be solved by adjusting the hdmi setting on the TV. My TV is not even 3D. I searched online, and I couldn't find anything...

Help!
chris650

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the answer:

For bit-perfect 1080p, Samsung has the first HDMI/dvi input for such purpose. Even with that, you have to name it PC.

Such an odd thing.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just naming the input to "PC" turns it pixel to pixel. That's interesting.
chris650

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
So just naming the input to "PC" turns it pixel to pixel. That's interesting.

And you have to use the HDMI 1, in Samsung, that's the only HDMI can be configured to take signal from Computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: