123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What mouse do you use with your mini?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
papercut wrote:
Logitech Performance MX. Only downside is that I can't stand the unresponsiveness when it's wireless. So, I keep the USB cord connected all the time and it works fine.

I also use a Logitech Performance MX, but haven't noticed any issues when using it wirelessly. In fact I really like it and ended up buying another one to use on my work computer.

Not sure about connection issues, but I love the scroll wheel on that mouse. It's so smooth. One could say that it scrolls like butter. Smile
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
Doug

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Logitech V470 Bluetooth and very pleased with it. Just wish I could find a decent Bluetooth keyboard with numeric keypad to replace my Apple Bluetooth which is wearing out.
geeji

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple Magic Mouse with rechargeable batteries for desktop usage.
Logitech MX Air for HTMac usage, from the sofa : works great for menu selections on my 10' wall screen.
supasnail

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leeann wrote:
Logitech Trackman Marble. Easy to use, very comfortable (I'm lefty)...

I used the Logitech Marble trackball for a few years, and liked it a lot. But I've replaced it with the Magic Trackpad - and it's amazing! I'll never go back to a mouse now.
gibmini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic mouse. The tracking surface took a hell of a lot of getting used to, but I'm just about there. I don't find it as accurate as my PC's logitech m705, but it seems to do ok. Not sure I'd buy another though when this magic mouse dies....

iPhone 4S
2.3GHz latest gen macbook pro, 2.4GHz latest gen Mini, 1.83GHz Mini, 2.0GHz Macbook
160Gb 1st gen ATV & 2nd gen ATV
1 of every gen of Nano
iPhone 4S
30" apple cinema display
jthessin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple magic Mouse
Apple Aluminum Keyboard
Apple Rechargeable batteries

Lasts about 3 weeks for the Mouse with HEAVY (2-3 hours minimum daily) surfing/usage
Keyboard only lasts about 2 -3 weeks (Cat sleeping on it may be a culprit of usage though!!)
Dont know if greater distance increases Bluetooth radio strength or not but i am about 14-16 feet away from my Mac
Yingchun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic Mouse with rechargeable batteries. Works great for sofa surfing in my HTPC set up. Tried the Magic Trackpad but did not work as well for me. I see a company is selling a platform charger for the Magic Mouse.Coach Purses
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a CST L-Trac High Performance Laser Optical Trackball w/Wheel (CST2545-WRC)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MJL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got severe arthritis and for years have been using a 3M ergonomic mouse. Due to the loss of use in my ring and middle finger a "normal" mouse does not cut it and I can no longer bend these fingers by a significant degree so no longer can use the 3M ergonomic either.

Last year November I got the Kensington Orbit Trackball with scroll ring. Unfortunately this is not a robust design. I considered getting a more upmarket model but instead I have bought the 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator which only recently brought (beta) drivers out for generic use (by the way I am running Windows 7 on the mini).
Am Yisrael Chai!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you aren't using a mouse? I dumped my mouse/trackball when I purchased the latest generation of Mini with Lion. I now use a Magic Trackpad exclusively. I didn't think much of it when I first read about the device; however, when I went to my local Apple Store and took it for a test drive I was hooked. Lion makes using the Magic Trackpad so efficient that I now cringe at the thought of not using it at work. Multitouch gestures rock! With a mouse I feel like I am being asked to run a record mile in a sack. Running in a sack will never compare to having your legs free. In a way multitouch gestures set your fingers free.
MJL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am Yisrael Chai! wrote:
What if you aren't using a mouse? I dumped my mouse/trackball when I purchased the latest generation of Mini with Lion. I now use a Magic Trackpad exclusively. I didn't think much of it when I first read about the device; however, when I went to my local Apple Store and took it for a test drive I was hooked. Lion makes using the Magic Trackpad so efficient that I now cringe at the thought of not using it at work. Multitouch gestures rock! With a mouse I feel like I am being asked to run a record mile in a sack. Running in a sack will never compare to having your legs free. In a way multitouch gestures set your fingers free.

I've been home for the past 10 years. I have developped some other internet / computer activities and spend a lot of time on the computer and especially using a "pointing" device. Problem is that skin has become rather thin and fragile (and any healing take roughly 5 times as long as a normal person) so I do not think that the continious sliding over a surface is going to do me much good. Thanks for the suggestion - I actually had given it a lot of thought before and tried it in a shop for a while.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit ago, my MX510 died, and I had to revert to a teardrop ADB mouse!

Control clicking sucks!

I ended up with a Logitech M500.

The only thing I like better about it, is the tilt wheel. Otherwise I think the MX510 had better heft, better buttons, and it didn't have this annoying clickity scroll wheel. You can disengage the clickity part so it spins free, but it's too loose, as that's designed for scrolling through huge pages very quickly.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
gigaguy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Magic Mouse, it's very unmouselike with the gesture touch surface. I am a 10'er, meaning on the couch and TV as monitor. It's great for me.
Tried the Magic Trackpad, not so good. Felt like you couldn't just grab it and go, you had to monitor more closely where and how you touched the surface.

but the Magic Mouse you can just grab it, the shape gives you a reference point, it's smaller, and it gives you clear cues on what you are doing. hard to explain. The Magic Trackpad was harder to interact with for me.
teho. toeachhisown.
gbpackcdr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a logitech G5 from my windows days
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: