123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mac mini2.5 snowleopard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halloall

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: mac mini2.5 snowleopard Reply with quote

I would like to use my internet connection and share with a sony bluray player. internet is received with my wireless Enguinius usb from neighbors house 300meters away from omni-directional. Want to share using ethernet . How?, Setting, etc. TY.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off not going to happen second off purchase your own internet access instead of pirating a signal from your neighbor.

The reason this won't work is internet sharing shares the internet from one computer to multiple computers not to blu-ray players sorry.
halloall

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: wake up Reply with quote

macmanmacman if you cannot contribute don't and don't assume on the second part. loser
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two posts and you call a vetern member a loser? Not a good way to start off on the forum. He gave you good advice, maybe try looking in the mirror before you call anyone a loser.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "veteran" member started off by insulting the new member, so I see no issue.

If I knew jack about wireless, I would be glad to help, because not everyone sharing wireless is stealing it from their neighbor.

However, I'm guessing you would need a wireless router/hub type deal to share your connection.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excuse me but if we would please read the first post he said he was pirating the signal from his neighbor 300m away using a usb wireless booster the reason i said he needs his own wireless connection for is because the blu-ray player needs to send and receive data and a fast rate which is why when accessing items such as rio on blu-ray the disk fails to boot or load because the connection sucks and it cannot send to verify the blu-ray live features several blu-ray players have had this issue with several movies including.

The alien anthology

rio

and even star trek.

i have experienced this myself several times the worst being rio to prevent piracy on blu-ray live enabled players the movie rio tries to dial out if your connection isn't up to snuff you will get half way through the film and the movie will freeze and pause if you turn off the connection the movie stops doing it.

Look at blu-ray player updates there is a reason why we update blu-ray players it's not to add new features but to boot more and more different movies with advance security.

i wasn't being rude do you understand laws in different countries.

in certain countrys you can get busted for stealing internet access there have been 4 cases already where the owner of the internet wireless adapter sued the individual that was using the connection without permission all cases required the persons or persons that where using it to pay for the internet bill plus back payments.

all cases where won and not in the users favor most of the time
jb
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even though the original post is over 3 months old, this is how I read it,

received and pirating do not mean the same thing, at least to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: