123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pixelmator 2.0 Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Pixelmator 2.0 Released Reply with quote

Pixelmator 2.0 Released
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Posted by: Kenan

The Pixelmator Team today announced the release of Pixelmator 2.0, the latest version of their image editing software for Mac OS X. According to the company, Pixelmator 2.0 features new drawing and retouching tools, Content-Aware Fill, a Healing Tool, a Smudge Tool, and more. Designed from the ground up for Mac OS X Lion, Pixelmator 2.0 also supports Full Screen, Versions and Auto Save. Pixelmator 2.0 is available from the Mac App Store for an introductory price of $29.99.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1738.html
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I bought it. I had the "boxed" version and felt they sort of just let us go, and only catered to the mac store purchases. So I figured I better get it before the price goes up. I just poke around see what things do. I don't even really know what the heck I am doing, but it's fun for me at times.

Last edited by Ray Finkle on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great app at a great price. Something that seems to be becoming harder about Photoshop these days.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how 2.0 differs much from 1.6.7. I use, but I find myself using it much more for the standard things like cropping, improvement and resizing, sharpening and such. I also have PSE, which takes way longer to start up, but is easier for changing color, filling in of surfaces, using letters in a picture and such. I sometimes use The Gimp in a Linux environment, but that's a drag. Things are so much different then! Short and good, a good program for a great price!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T Kirk wrote:
I don't know how 2.0 differs much from 1.6.7. I use, but I find myself using it much more for the standard things like cropping, improvement and resizing, sharpening and such. I also have PSE, which takes way longer to start up, but is easier for changing color, filling in of surfaces, using letters in a picture and such. I sometimes use The Gimp in a Linux environment, but that's a drag. Things are so much different then! Short and good, a good program for a great price!

I use iPhoto for cropping etc.
I downloaded a 30 day trial of pixelmator. It is very cool for $20. I want to try elements 10 as well, because I want to do all the other things you find elements does better. Perhaps pixelmator won't fit into my needs even if it is cool and affordable.
James T. Kirkę

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:

I use iPhoto for cropping etc.
I downloaded a 30 day trial of pixelmator. It is very cool for $20. I want to try elements 10 as well, because I want to do all the other things you find elements does better. Perhaps pixelmator won't fit into my needs even if it is cool and affordable.

Well, those things can be done with Pixelmator, the only thing is, I'm so used to PSE and how things works, that I did not make much effort to try it in Pixelmator.
~ Registered Linux user #310054 ~
made in Xandros 3.0 (Linux)
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T. Kirkę wrote:
Well, those things can be done with Pixelmator

I'd like to add some text like and bubble clouds like Comic Life allows. I'd purchase Comic Life, but it seems unreasonably priced for a product that does so little.

Basically I'd like to come up with some fun pictures. More for my GF than myself. She posts stuff on Facebook all the time. I can have some fun doing the editing. Take peoples bodies/faces, put them in funny situations, add captions. I'd also like to do a few black and white, with colored roses, beauty shots etc.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Photoshop Elements 10 offers a lot for the money too. Plus, they have a 30-day trial now.
iLife's a Bitch!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
Yeah, Photoshop Elements 10 offers a lot for the money too. Plus, they have a 30-day trial now.

I'll have to give it a try as well. Hopefully I can remember my Adobe login info. Pixelmator was an effortless download, they did ask for any info... Classy. I also like how Pixelmator set up their website. If has a lot of useful info. but it's well organized and easy to navigate. Elements would have to offer quite a bit more (things I'd actually use) for me to pay 5X the price. It's funny because both offer a lot for the money, but still...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: