123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have much to say about the 10.7.2 update, but iCloud has totally restored my faith in Apple's web services. It's pretty much working as advertised at this point. And that my friends, is more than enough reason to grab this update. Unless you really depend on something that isn't compatible at this point.
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Today it seems to be back to normal so I can only think the update was still doing things in the background.

I shutdown overnight and repaired the permissions, but it's still slow today. Did you happen to do anything special at all? Like change anything in the Safari settings?
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its getting better. Mission control has a lot less of that bumping I was talking about after I ran repair permissions. I didn't have many things wrong mostly java stuff. One thing I noticed was the missing of a reoccurring SUID file that could never be repaired for a year or so it wasn't there. Not sure If I want to go iCloud yet. I mainly just wanted iCloud for iTunes which is already there. Photo streaming would be neat though.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquaman wrote:
I shutdown overnight and repaired the permissions, but it's still slow today. Did you happen to do anything special at all? Like change anything in the Safari settings?

No nothing, I just turned the mini off last night and back on again this morning and its been fine all day. I have had a couple of sites play up though, but they may have done that on the old set up I'm not sure. I was trying to book tickets to a show and was selecting seats when it just started beach balling. I've give up now and will try again tomorrow, but other than that Safari has behaved today.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
carnutdallas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: 10.7.2 Running reall, really Slow! Reply with quote

I stumbled onto this site doing research on my late 2010 Mac Mini after installing the 10.7.2 update, as well as iPhoto 5.2 (?)....it is running horribly slow. Worked great with the update for a day and then I tried to get the cloud working and it just fell apart. I was running Yasu to fix all the permissions, etc....but it was locking up. I stayed up all night to get ready for my Sprint iPhone 4s and now I am wondering what the heck Apple is doing? I got away from Microsoft and Android for these reasons and now the shine is wearing of my new Apple investment....

My Wife's 2010 iMac 21" is fine and fast with the update, but I did not install/activate the iCloud of doom. Any help or advice from more experienced Apple folks would be much appreciated. I am running the 2 TB Time Capsule with Airport Extreme, both New and Old Apple TV, the Mini and the iMac. I will have two iTouches and an iPad soon for the kids and wife, but the iCloud mess has me concerned Crying or Very sad

Note: I have 8MB (2x4) of Ram coming from Newegg any day now - hopefully today! - for the Mini.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pretty much zero resistance from iCloud on performance hits to my mac. Unless I am uploading large photos. My problem is from a much needed nvidia graphics driver update. I am pretty sure that's what throws it off at times. I am not totally sure, but watching the behavior it just reminds me of my pc days when a graphics card needed updated.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Finkle wrote:
My problem is from a much needed nvidia graphics driver update.

I hope you have better luck than I have Ray. My system has needed an ATI video driver update since 10.6.3. Its been almost 2 years since my video issues started and even with Lion I still have the same issues. Twisted Evil

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
carnutdallas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I will "time machine" it back two days and try again...I have need the memory up grade for a bit and I knew it. I run a lot of apps at once, mainly web browsers and pics and video...
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any major issues with the update. Other than it took a while to download on the release day. The rest, including Safari 5.1.1, seems to be working extremely well.
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: