123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Unveils iPhone 4S
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Y-Guy wrote:
Wife came up and asked if it was time for a new phone for her, we'll see.

I would take the hand-me-down route Y-Guy. Tell your wife that she can have your current phone and you can "test and work the bugs" out of the new one. That probably wouldn't fly over with my wife, but it might be worth a try. Wink

Yeah, I tried that with my ole' lady....

Erm... ahem....

Didn't go well. YMMV. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Woz gets his iPhone 4S (and other toys) the way everyone else does who wants it on the first day but didn't preorder:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/blogs/press-here/Steve-Wozniak-First-in-Line-for-iPhone-4S-131816808.html

Steve Wozniak is proving two things today.

He's a regular guy

He's a real fan of Apple

The Apple co-founder is waiting with the masses in order to ensure his are among the first hands to touch the new iPhone 4S.

Woz and his trusty Segway showed up at his local Apple store in Los Gatos Thursday and said he will stay there overnight. He added he already has two phones coming to his house, but doesn't mind hanging out for one more for his wife.

This is not Wozniak's first rodeo. He's waited in many-a-line to get his hands on Apple products.

Below is a clip from 2007 at Valley Fair where Woz waited for more than nine hours alongside other Apple fans.

Woz was one of a about five people who were in line around 2pm on Santa Cruz Avenue in downtown Los Gatos.

He plans on getting caught up on his email, when not chatting with fans, who were already flocking to take a pic, or share a story with the Apple co-founder.

When we asked him if what he was going to do if he needed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, he said he had no bathroom plan as of yet, but generally people are pretty easy-going in line, and know if someone is trying to cut or not.

He said in the past he's always been willing to wait in line, but often fans in line insist he go ahead.

So look out Los Gatos, the knock on your door in the middle of the night just might be the creator of the Macintosh asking to use your toilet.

Mini 2.0GHz (Early 2009), 4GB RAM, 320GB 72k RPM HD
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently playing with my 1st iPhone. Laughing
I have a good plan with Sprint that I'm not willing to give up and I've been with them for many years and that kept me from getting one until now.
It was actually a fairly painful process. I didn't get to the Sprint store until 4:30 a.m. and there were only five people in front of me. People didn't really start to show up until around 6a.m., so I could have waited a bit longer.
They opened up right at 8a.m. and let the first eight people in. From there, I was activated and out the door in 15 minutes.
Haven't had it long enough to do a review, but I will after a few days. Right now, theres too much to play with, with iCloud, iOS5 on the iPad, and 10.7.2 all at once.
Mini 2.0GHz (Early 2009), 4GB RAM, 320GB 72k RPM HD
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to swing by my Docs office and saw the line at AT&T today, decided to call to see if they had any in stock. Figured no. Alas they had 9 16GB white and 27 black in stock at 9:30AM. Waited in line for about 5 minutes, and back out within 10 with the new phone. Kid is excited since he gets my 3GS. Opted for a 16 since with the iPad now most of my larger files (movies) are stored there and I have an iPod Classic that holds most all of my music for long trips.

Only thing I don't like is the photo stream, as I found from Mac Rumors folks you can't delete a single photo from the stream... yet. I hope that Apple see's the error of their way and makes an option. Nice for home photos, but I really don't want a bunch of work pics of maintenance items needing to be fixed all over my Photo Stream.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y-Guy wrote:
Only thing I don't like is the photo stream, as I found from Mac Rumors folks you can't delete a single photo from the stream... yet. I hope that Apple see's the error of their way and makes an option. Nice for home photos, but I really don't want a bunch of work pics of maintenance items needing to be fixed all over my Photo Stream.

Yeah, it's a shame you can't edit or delete them. I think Apple was pretty clear on this though, so it wasn't a huge surprise. It's just disappointing.
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: