123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3D with mac mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
godwisper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: 3D with mac mini Reply with quote

tomorrow I shall be getting a mac mini after switching from PC...

On PC I used 3D Vision and projecting the SBS files from my Optoma 3D EW536 (Pro350W)

unfortunately am selling today my PC with the 3D Vision so shall be stuck with the optoma 3D projector and a pair of optoma DLP glasses....

Is it possible maybe thru PLEX to run 3D Mkv`s SBS to my hdmi Projector and have 3D ?

any ideas on how I can sort this out or do I need to cash out more money for 3DXL and use bootcamp to install windows ....

If possible I dont want to use windows OS anymore............
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what the current state of 3D support there is for Plex or XBMC. You may going 2D for a while with OS X, or you might need to Bootcamp for 3D support.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can

Just not in the way you think.

first you have to rip the blu-ray 3d to your hard drive not easy then you have to convert it to a mkv not easy again then you need vlc player.

Now i have a better solution then that.

you need to purchase mac blu-ray player it plays all videos including all 3d blu-rays it is only 39.99 but you will need a slot loading blu-ray drive or a external blu-ray drive

this is what i am using with my new vizio 400.00 3d tv works nice.
godwisper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks macman..

I am not interested in playing the full bluray disc but only in playing the 3D SBS mkv file.

My only concern is that on a pc I used to have an nvidia GPU, Nvidia 3D Vision and DLP glasses

Now that I have sold my pc with 3D Vision am bounded only to my OPTOMA EW536 and a pair of dlp glasses while the mac mini has the Intel HD3000 and not nvidia card.

I shall get the mac mini this morning so this evening am prepared to make some tests after I manage to understand the OS Smile

something which I did not mention was that my OPTOMA projector does not have HDMI 1.4 but 1.3
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it sorta works, or works fine depending on the setup.

Check out this thread at the Plex forums for some advice:
http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/29053-3d-on-mac-mini/

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: