123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 Update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 Update Reply with quote

Apple Releases Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 Update
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Posted by: Glenn

Apple has released the Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 Update via their Software Update Utility and website for direct download. According to the company, this update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. It also includes support for iCloud, a new set of free cloud services that automatically and wirelessly store your content on iCloud and push it to all of your devices.

iCloud on Mac OS X Lion includes the following features:

- iCloud stores your email, calendars, contacts, Safari bookmarks, and Safari Reading List and automatically pushes them to all your devices.

- Back to My Mac provides remote access to your Mac from another Mac anywhere on the Internet.

- Find My Mac helps find a missing Mac by locating it on a map and allows you to remotely lock the Mac or wipe all its data.

Getting started with iCloud is easy. After installing the update, Mac OS X will automatically present an iCloud setup panel. Simply enter an existing Apple ID or create a new one and then follow the on screen instructions.

The Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 Update also includes Safari 5.1.1 as well as fixes that:

- Allow reordering of desktop spaces and full screen apps in Mission Control.

- Enable dragging files between desktop spaces and full screen apps.

- Address an issue that causes the menu bar to not appear in full screen apps.

- Improve the compatibility of Google contact syncing in Address Book.

- Address an issue that causes Keynote to become temporarily unresponsive.

- Improve VoiceOver compatibility with Launchpad.

- Address an issue that causes a delay in accessing the network after waking from sleep.

- Enable booting in to Lion Recovery from a locally attached Time Machine backup drive.

- Resolve an issue that causes screen zoom to stop working.

- Improve Active Directory integration.

The Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 Update weighs in at 435MB and requires Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1725.html
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!!!! It's going to be a fun day messing around with all of this stuff. It's kind of like Christmas. Smile
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
Sweet!!!! It's going to be a fun day messing around with all of this stuff. It's kind of like Christmas. Smile

I was thinking the same curt. I just got done downloading 10.7.2, didn't even install it yet and saw iOS5 was available. Downloading that now. Then hopefully my 1st iPhone on on Friday. Even though I shouldn't because I don't have an iJob and am on iUnemployment, I just can't resist. Been waiting for the iPhone to come to Sprint since '07. Think that means I'm going to have to be up VERY early Friday morning...

Grrrrr I'm already not liking iCloud: An Apple ID that is an email address is required to use iCloud. Change your Apple ID at appleid.apple.com.
Mini 2.0GHz (Early 2009), 4GB RAM, 320GB 72k RPM HD
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10.7.2 update, iOS 5 and iCloud rock. I'm also liking the new iTunes movie trailer app on the iPad. This is just a really good day for Apple in my book. Plus, it's all free! Cool
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaMini wrote:
Even though I shouldn't because I don't have an iJob and am on iUnemployment, I just can't resist. Been waiting for the iPhone to come to Sprint since '07. Think that means I'm going to have to be up VERY early Friday morning...

Oh well, you only iLive once. Just look at Steve Jobs, you certainly can't take it with you.

I'm actually thinking about getting an iPhone 4S on Sprint too. I'm just trying to ask around about coverage in our area. I'm also a little worried about the hit their network might take with all of the new activations. I mean, are they really ready for the iPhone effect? I'll probably give it a little time either way.
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safari is incredibly slow for me after applying this update and moving to Safari 5.1.1. In fact, most web pages just stall about half way across on the progress bar with the disk spinning. iCloud seems to be working rather well though. I did have the same issue with verifying my email address as CaliforniaMini had though.
Rightondamark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mail still seems buggy to me. Mail in iCloud seems to be working great though. Go figure...
albert2k

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesson I learned when I installed V5 in my iPad2.

1. You need a solid Internet connection, WI Fi doesn't works for me.
2. If you removed all the music, books and photos from the iPad, prior to be installed, this is installed in less than 2 minutes.
3. If you removed all the usb connections but the iPad, the process is faster.
Now, I will play with V5 in my iPad 2.
Macbook Air - 1.8GHz - Intel Core i5
4GB Memory - 250 GB Hard Disk
OS X Mountain Lion
iPad 2 - iPhone 4
gigaguy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else but me not totally keen on putting private info, contacts, etc on the cloud? I know I would never rely on it for critical data backup either, but security concerns come up for me even with just ipad, phone stuff. I know it's the 'future' but some things about the past I like too.
no one has security concerns giving it all up to clouds?
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted this update sooooooo bad but still getting some problems I had. Beach balls are still everywhere they were ( iPhoto or any ilife app, crappy crappy app store) I guess the early 09 minis no longer gets love from apple. I reported every problem I had with apple so nothing more I can do. Just wait for another update I guess. I am getting the bouncing together of windows in mission control. Once in awhile they bounce together instead of getting selected to pull to the front. It's weird I think I am the only person that has this problem its so annoying. Makes for a shabby experience. It may even be a mouse related issue. The trackpad does it less but I don't use it much. The trackpad was having delay issues with tracking the cursor in mission control before. It may not have that issue now. I am sure Its better just can't believe how bothersome that bouncy window issue is for me. Plus Lion is the first OS by Apple I had to reboot more than once a year. It's been countless times already. I hope that's been solved. Time will tell. I wish they would bring back the old safari design. It ran like champ.

Edit: Still getting cursor lag with the trackpad within mission control. I'm still getting audio glitches as well in iTunes when browsing safari. If the CPU gets bumped a little to fast for a second it sounds like a skip or something. Got 8 gigs of RAM still don't' matter. My old 5400 HD was faster in SL than my Raptor 7200 HD in Lion for opening and using apps like iPhoto. That's messed up. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of things I like about Lion. If I went back to SL there would be a lot of things I would miss that I got used too.
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gigaguy wrote:
Anyone else but me not totally keen on putting private info, contacts, etc on the cloud? I know I would never rely on it for critical data backup either, but security concerns come up for me even with just ipad, phone stuff. I know it's the 'future' but some things about the past I like too.
no one has security concerns giving it all up to clouds?

It feels strange, but I feel like can I trust Apple more than most in this area. At least they aren't an advertising centric company like Google or Facebook depending on personal information to sell ads.
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Finkle wrote:
I'm still getting audio glitches as well in iTunes when browsing safari. If the CPU gets bumped a little to fast for a second it sounds like a skip or something.

Same thing with a new MacBook Pro. Safari also went from feeling nice and snappy to super slow. It also seems to bog down the system and cause an interruption with Spotify.
Grasshopper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Apple offers a specific workshop on iCloud at the Apple Store. It's awesome, but I feel like I'm missing out on a couple things here and there.
24" HP LCD
Apple wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse
2 x 1TB MiniStacks
1TB MiniStack Max
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquaman wrote:
Safari is incredibly slow for me after applying this update and moving to Safari 5.1.1. In fact, most web pages just stall about half way across on the progress bar with the disk spinning. iCloud seems to be working rather well though. I did have the same issue with verifying my email address as CaliforniaMini had though.

I know it's not even remotely efficient compared to SL. Less power and speedy no nonsense computing was the old vision. They are getting away from that fast. They keep up this nonsense people won't' stand for it. The kids might but everyone else won't'.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquaman wrote:
Safari is incredibly slow for me after applying this update and moving to Safari 5.1.1.
Same thing with a new MacBook Pro. Safari also went from feeling nice and snappy to super slow.

Same on my Mac Mini. Safari was super fast but after the update it seemed to be crawling along always waiting for pages to load and occasionally beach balling. I have iStats Menu's running in my menubar and CPU Memory etc were all very low.

Today it seems to be back to normal so I can only think the update was still doing things in the background.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: