123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPhone 4S Pre-Orders Top One Million

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: iPhone 4S Pre-Orders Top One Million Reply with quote

iPhone 4S Pre-Orders Top One Million
Monday, October 10, 2011
Posted by: Glenn

Apple today announced that pre-orders of its iPhone 4S have topped one million in a single day, surpassing the previous single day pre-order record of 600,000 held by iPhone 4.

"We are blown away with the incredible customer response to iPhone 4S," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. "The first day pre-orders for iPhone 4S have been the most for any new product that Apple has ever launched and we are thrilled that customers love iPhone 4S as much as we do."

Apple also said that the iPhone 4S will be available at all 245 Apple retail stores in the US beginning at 8 a.m. local time on Friday, October 14th. Every customer who buys an iPhone 4S at an Apple retail store will be offered free Personal Setup service, helping them customize their iPhone 4S by setting up email, showing them new apps from the App Store and more.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1722.html
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for the new iPhone being a giant letdown.
iLife's a Bitch!
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't make my mind up on the iPhone. The 24 month contract is hard to justify no matter how good the phone is.

With the initial upfront costs and 35 a month for 2 years it puts the cost of ownership up to just over 1000 (do I really need to spend 500 a year on a phone Shocked)

I'd really like an iPhone (for the data side of things) but I think the total costs are just to high, I'm amazed at the amount of people who can afford it. I must be in a very small minority who just don't see a mobile phone as a necessity.

However an iPod Touch with a 3G 10 a month data sim now that would grab me. Why don't Apple offer that option for people who don't need a phone. Twisted Evil

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
However an iPod Touch with a 3G 10 a month data sim now that would grab me. Why don't Apple offer that option for people who don't need a phone. Twisted Evil

+1. I was really hoping for a 3G version this time around. I guess they figure it will cut into iPad sales or something. To be honest, I'm soft of more interested in the Kindle fire at this point. I mean, since they both lack 3G why not go with the bigger screen?
jb
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Why don't Apple offer that option for people who don't need a phone. Twisted Evil

For the very reason you think it would be a good thing, except from Apples perspective it would cut into the sales for the iPhone.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooper wrote:
To be honest, I'm soft of more interested in the Kindle fire at this point. I mean, since they both lack 3G why not go with the bigger screen?

I'm a big Kindle user these days, I much prefer the e-ink display to read on than the iPads glossy LCD. I would actually say at the moment that I use the Kindle more than my iPad. Unfortunately even the Kindle is to big to just fit into your pocket and I think the Kindle Fire is going to be a similar size.

Kindle Fire isn't an option for me anyway as we haven't been offered the Kindle Fire or the Kindle Touch in the UK. I've also heard that 3G browsing is being disabled on some of the new Kindles, its definitely disabled on the Touch. 3G is enabled for downloading books, browsing Amazon and I think Wikipedia for the in book lookups etc, but the actual browser on the kindle won't allow general surfing over 3G only via Wifi

Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb wrote:
except from Apples perspective it would cut into the sales for the iPhone.

Its cutting sales of both as far as I'm concerned Razz
As I want more than a Touch but not an iPhone Confused

curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually disappointed that the Kindle Fire doesn't have a 3G option. It's the device I find most intriguing at this time. A 3G iPod touch would be cool though. I just don't see it happening with the iPad and iPhone out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: