Joined: 21 Jan 2005
|Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:03 pm Post subject: Apple Releases Final Cut Pro X Software Update
|Apple Releases Final Cut Pro X Software Update
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Posted by: Staff
Apple today announced the release of the Final Cut Pro X 10.0.1 Software Update and a free trial of the software. According to the company, this major update brings the following improvements to the sofware:
- Media Stems Export: Traditional, track-based editing systems require you to constantly rearrange and disable tracks to export audio and video stems. With the latest version of Final Cut Pro X, flexible metadata removes the burden of track management. Use the new Roles tag to label clips - dialogue, effects, music, and more - then export a single multitrack file or separate stems based on your tags. You can even apply Roles to video clips and graphics for a powerful new way to deliver separate files for versioning and localization.
- Rich XML Support: Now you can import and export Final Cut Pro X project and Event information via a rich XML format. XML interchange enables a wide range of third-party workflows, including high-end visual effects, color grading, and media asset management. Blackmagic Designís DaVinci Resolve, Square Box Systemís CatDV, and many other third-party applications will offer XML-based workflows with Final Cut Pro X.
- Projects and Events on Xsan: Create and edit your Final Cut Pro X projects and Events on Xsan. Ideal for multi-user workflows, you can import media through Final Cut Pro X and place it directly on the SAN. Multiple users can access the same source media, and each editor can create separate projects and Events on the SAN. Users can then edit from any system attached to the SAN, making it easy to move between computers and continue working.
- Custom Starting Timecode: Set the start time of your project to a custom timecode value to accommodate color bars and tone, or to meet broadcast delivery specifications.
- Full-screen view in Lion: Use every inch of your display when working in Final Cut Pro X. And easily navigate to other applications with a swipe.
- One-step Transitions on Connected Clips: Add a transition to a connected clip or between multiple connected clips without manually creating a secondary storyline.
- GPU-accelerated export: Harness the power of the GPU on your graphics card to speed up foreground export.
- New Theme Tribute: Access the new Tribute theme, with four animated titles and a matching transition.
- Camera Import SDK: Camera manufacturers can use the Camera Import SDK to write plug-ins for importing media from a wide range of cameras. For example, Sony is updating their XDCAM EX plug-in to support native import directly into Final Cut Pro X.
The Final Cut Pro X 10.0.1 Software Update weighs in at 1.34GB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later.