Joined: 21 Jan 2005
|Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:17 pm Post subject: Microsoft Releases Office for Mac 2011 14.1.3 Update
|Microsoft Releases Office for Mac 2011 14.1.3 Update
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Posted by: Staff
Microsoft today announced the release of the Office for Mac 2011 14.1.3 Update. According to the company, this update resolves an issue that causes Office documents not to open in certain browsers. It also includes the following improvements for the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 versions of PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook:
- Stability is improved in PowerPoint - This update fixes an issue that causes PowerPoint to close unexpectedly. This issue occurs when you press the Command and Tab keys to open another application when you are in Presenter view.
- Stability is improved in Excel - This update fixes an issue that causes Excel to close unexpectedly in the following situations: When you move worksheets to a new worksheet or workbook; When you save some files.
- Citation options in Dutch appear correctly. This update fixes an issue that causes the Dutch version of Word to change the citation options to English after you install Office for Mac 2011 14.1 Service Pack 1
- PivotTable field setting enabled. This update enables the PivotTable field setting Show Items with no data.
- Contact images display in the Contacts Search box. This update fixes an issue that causes Outlook not to display contact images in the Contacts Search box.
- Import from Apple Mail is disabled in Outlook on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. This update disables the option to import from Apple Mail in Outlook because it does not work as expected in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- The "Remove from View" option is enabled for shared calendars. This update fixes an issue that occurs when the user adds shared calendars and opens the contextual menu for the shared calendar. The Remove from View option is disabled from the contextual menu.
- Free/busy information for Exchange 2003-based mailboxes displays correctly. This update fixes an issues that causes the display of free/busy information for Exchange 2003-based mailboxes to be off by one hour when scheduling a meeting.
- Time zone information is updated. This update provides updated time zone information.
The Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.3 Update weighs in at 112MB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.