123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Found this cool idea for a Mac Mini server rack to share...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Am Yisrael Chai!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Found this cool idea for a Mac Mini server rack to share... Reply with quote

It has been a few weeks that I have had my new Mini set up on my desk. It is kind of strange, but I think all of the cables and extras weigh more and take up more space than the Mini, cable gateway, and netgear router, and usb hub put together. Needless to say I am not happy with the mess in spite of the fact that I tried to tie everything up as neat as I possibly could. I thought to my self that what I need is a Mac Mini desk organizer. Just for the hell of it I searched and this link popped up.

http://think.random-stuff.org/posts/mac-mini-server-rack

Wow, what a great idea! I am definitely going to try it out. I am sure it will come in handy in more ways than one. It looks like it can all fit behind my LCD monitor. Desktop real estate is not an issue as I use a giant heavy bankers desk for my setup. The thing is solid wood and weighs a few hundred pounds, but at $50 bucks I couldn't pass it up. I hope it all works out. BTW, I think the desk organizer idea is better than all of those custom Mac Mini mounting systems I see for sale around the net.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: