123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pogoplug software for Mac OSX for free!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Am Yisrael Chai!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Pogoplug software for Mac OSX for free! Reply with quote

I have been wandering around the net trying to find a good personal cloud storage solution. I kept thinking in the back of my mind that it was kind of stupid not to simply set up my Mac to act as the personal cloud storage server. I knew that pogoplug was pretty much the first company to really push a cloud storage device solution where you provided the storage media. I checked them out again and I was pleased to find that they now have a free software version of their pogoplug.

http://software.pogoplug.com/

I really like the idea of using this software as it allows me to buy inexpensive locally connected backup storage while still making it available on the cloud to my family. The only catch is that if you need to stream movies or music you pay a one time $29 fee to activate those features. If all you need is file and photo streaming it is completely free. Of course I am going to try out the free version.

Has anybody given the premium video/music streaming version a go yet?

I am very excited about how much money this free software is going to save me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: