123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm Moving!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: I'm Moving! Reply with quote

Yes, this life long New Yorker is moving to Atlanta, Georgia. A job opened up there with the company I work for and it's too good to pass up. Exciting times to say the least. Anyone here from that region of the country? We are heading down in two weeks for our first visit and to look around at houses.
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just returned Sunday from a week of business in Atlanta, my first time there. Hot, Hot with a dollop of humidity to enhance the misery. Pretty, but hot!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the high heat or humidity. I guess that's why they invented air condition though. At least that's what I keep telling the wife. Laughing

I just hope we can find a decent house in our price range somewhere. I've been glued to the Zillow app on our iPad for like the last week. Which totally kicks ass by the way.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck in your new location and position, Devo. i don't envy you the heat and humidity, but then NY isn't so great for these in the summer either.
tom d

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was a long time Long Islander, Atlanta will duplicate the traffic for you!!

tom d
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck with the move and another advancement. Good for you.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Things are going pretty good so far. We even found a couple houses in northern Atlanta. Now, it's time to start packing up. I think that's going to be the hardest part, cause the man cave is a little less than spiffy these days.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Thanks guys! Things are going pretty good so far. We even found a couple houses in northern Atlanta. Now, it's time to start packing up. I think that's going to be the hardest part, cause the man cave is a little less than spiffy these days.

I guess you just have to look at this as an opportunity to declutter. Likely you'll never miss the items you do not bring.

I have no idea what North Atlanta is like. Will you be getting a lot more house for the $?
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Bandit Bill"]I guess you just have to look at this as an opportunity to declutter. Likely you'll never miss the items you do not bring.[/url]
I agree with you on that one. If you don't use it, lose it. It's mostly magazines, music cables and media stuff making the mess. It shouldn't be too hard to go through. I just haven't had the time of late.

Bandit Bill wrote:
I have no idea what North Atlanta is like. Will you be getting a lot more house for the $?

A little more, but it's still a pricey area. We found some really nice places in our price range though. Which is around 300K, giving or taking a few benjamins. The homes we're looking at are also more modern. Our current home was built in 1979, so the kitchen and bathrooms are a bit dated.
castaway

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the move Devo! I was through Atlanta once on a trip to the States and it seemed like an interesting place. It was rather hot and humid though.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I disappear for a few years and now you're moving... seems I missed a lot! LOL! Good luck Devo!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

Yeah, it's amazing what can happen in a few year Hackers. I would have never imagined moving two years ago. Let alone after having a baby.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: