123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lion Sings On My Mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cubist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Lion Sings On My Mini Reply with quote

I'm running a C2D 2.26 with 4gig or RAM and an Intel X25M 80gig hard drive and Lion is just singing on this hardware, it's like having a new computer.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my new mini is doing awesome on lion really stable i am a developer and am running lion10.7.2 right now it's even stable
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 8 gigs of RAM. Lion is singing out of tune for me. I like it but it's got a lot of bugs many of them. I almost feel like I'm back to my Windows days. Minus searching for a million of virus's, and searching for those lost driver cd's.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience on my 2.26 ghz mini has been somewhere in between the three reported. I installed it on an external drive for testing, was happy to see that most of my apps were not adversely affected, but I can't say that I noticed any great speed-up or slow-down. I definitely found it less stable than Snow Leopard; I experienced a few crashes that required a restart. Most of these were when I was attempting to set up or run Snow Leopard in a virtual machine in VirtualBox. In case you're interested, I wrote up a long version of my experience and posted it under the MacOSX forum. I'm looking forward to the release of the 10.7.2 update, macmanmacman. When that happens, I'll switch to Lion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: