123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[SOLD] Mac Mini A1176 + freebies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iRob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: [SOLD] Mac Mini A1176 + freebies Reply with quote

Selling my Mac Mini. It's about 5 years old. I just got a MacBook Pro to replace it as my home theater computer, so I don't need it anymore. There is no cosmetic wear on the machine, it was well cared for in a smoke free environment. We used it with the full range of Mac OS based HTPC apps, like Plex and Boxee, Front Row, Netflix Watch Instantly, and Hulu+. Performed very well with all these. I also recommend HTPC utilities like Remote Buddy and ControllerMate.

Mini specs (see System Profiler screen shots here):

1. Model number A1176
2. 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo
3. 2GB DDR2 SDRAM (2x1GB upgraded)
4. 667MHz bus speed
5. 100GB serial ATA hard drive
6. Intel GMA 950 built-in video card, 64MB shared system memory

I'm also included a bunch of goodies with this to sweeten the deal. I am including:

* Original Apple box
* Apple OS X Snow Leopard
* Original Apple install DVD with serial number
* Apple iLife '09, full version with serial number
* DVI to HDMI cable ($29 value)
* Belkin MediaPilot wireless keyboard ($50 value)
* Hillcrest Labs Loop Pointer ($80 value)

As you can see, there are a couple nice add-ons included for your home theater setup. The wifi keyboard was a great tool when we used this Mini. It has a charging dock, has an integrated pressure sensor based mouse pointer, a left/right click button and media keys. It played really well with the Mac OS (even has the Apple branded CMD and other keys). I used ControllerMate by Ordered Bytes to remap a lot of its media keys to work with the Mini more seamlessly. I still have these programming configuration files that I will share with you as well. Believe me, it makes the experience of this keyboard with the Mini invaluable!

The Loop Pointer too was a nice addon, but my wife really didn't dig it. So I'm letting it go to sweeten this deal. It functions as a mouse, but doesn't require a solid surface like a traditional mouse does. You hold it in free space and move it around. It basically has a gyroscope and accelerometer inside to detect your pitch and yaw and move the mouse pointer appropriately. Neat device.

If you have any questions about this sale, email me!

I will reformat the Mini and reinstall OS X before you buy.

See some closeup pictures here.

>>>>> asking $400, open to offers <<<<<
  • Roku 2 XS
  • Samsung Blu Ray
  • Samsung TV
  • Logitech Squeezebox
  • iPad 2 - DVP Remote app, RedEye app, Plex app, Remote Buddy app, Apple Remote app, iPeng app

Last edited by iRob on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
bubzie5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: iPad Reply with quote

would you be willing to trade your mac mini for my ipad first generation. Lion no longer supports the core duo so I think the ipad would be a good trade.
bubzie5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Macmini Reply with quote

Hi again I am still interested in the mac mini. I really need a desktop computer to run mac os x. Would you be interested in my ipad. I do not want any of the other stuff you have to offer just the mac mini and the power brick. Pleas let me know. Thanks.
bubzie5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Mac Mini Reply with quote

I again would you be willing to do $350 for the Mac Mini and the power brick. I am not interested din any of the extras. You have to understand Lion does not support the Core Duo and even with a swapped out processor Lion does not boot.
iRob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dang, Bubzie5, it's sold. Crap, I should have checked back here! I didn't get any email notifications of your replies. Sad

Sold on eBay a few days ago.
  • Roku 2 XS
  • Samsung Blu Ray
  • Samsung TV
  • Logitech Squeezebox
  • iPad 2 - DVP Remote app, RedEye app, Plex app, Remote Buddy app, Apple Remote app, iPeng app
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: