123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multi-touch Monitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iceflow420

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Multi-touch Monitor Reply with quote

I recently downloaded http://lockscreenapplication.blogspot.com/ from the App Store and was thinking about getting the Magic Trackpad. I then realized that OSX Lion is just around the corner so I was thinking about getting this instead http://www.planartouch.com/products/px2230mw/!

I figured that if I installed iOS 5 SDK on it I would essentially have a 22" iPad! Actually, according to Apple, just this and Lion would give me a 22" iPad.

What do you guys think?[/url]
billb
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Touch Screen SPAM Reply with quote

Since this is only compatible with Win-7
do you think this could be SPAM?
Mac mini, Model 1.1, 2.33 GHz C2D Proc
20" iMac G4 PPC
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As billb points out, it's only officially compatible with Win7 right now. Of course it could be compatible with OS X, or not. It might simply be that the company isn't interested in testing against OS X, or has tested and it's not compatible. However they do have OS X compatible displays so who knows?

Then again, Amazon is selling it for $250 so that makes a reasonably priced 22" display even if the touch screen part doesn't work in OS X.

If you contacted Planar they might not be able to tell you if it's compatible with 10.7 until 10.7 comes out(any minute now).

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
iceflow420

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Touch Screen SPAM Reply with quote

billb wrote:
Since this is only compatible with Win-7
do you think this could be SPAM?

So your telling us you don't use anything branded Win7 with your Mac Mini?

Your post, and probably 80% of the 1055 you've racked up are more than likely spam!

Oh "Veteran Member", please venture past the hallowed walls of Apple.com and 123Macmini.com and introduce yourself to touch-base.com. I see I should have g'd a bit more before posting.

Don't worry though, I'll add something constructive to this post so if anyone else would like to try this they can.

I changed the Monitor to this http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/monitor-t (oh wait, that is also Win7 OS only), and will use the "Quanta Computer, Dual, USB" kext(driver) from www.touch-base.com

The multi-touch gestures built into OSX should work, then if I throw a little NUI on top (for our resident Vet, that's http://nuigroup.com/forums) I should have a more than adequate mutli-touch environment inside of OSX.

Monitor should be ordered this weekend (bills come first), will post update if anyone else is interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: