123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has Apple Given Up On 10.5.8?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Has Apple Given Up On 10.5.8? Reply with quote

Has Apple given up on 10.5.8? I went to the Apple site to comment at their feedback section. At the bottom of the page there is a question asking which version of OS X is being used. OS 10.6.7 and 10.6.8 were the only choices. I use 10.5.8.

Someone on this site wrote that manufacturers are required to support their systems for five years. It hasn't been that long since the last computers were shipped with 10.5.8. Surely this lack of choices is no direct indication that Apple isn't supporting 10.5.8 but it probably shows that they no longer care about it.

How long did Apple send out updates for Tiger after Leopard came out?

Smallwheels

www.MySpace.com/Beninate
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what the issue is. Apple and others will usually stop updating the OS software after a period of time, in this case almost two years ago August 2009. They continue to have a support page for it which is all that is necessary.

Their efforts are clearly 2 OS's ahead of Leopard at this point, but they are still giving support as necessary.
3.5GHz 6C MP, D700s
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No!!!

Apple has really almost stopped support for leopard this is very true the last version of safari was just released with the last version of flash player being 10.2 they pretty much have just almost given up with leopard look at all the new software most now require 10.6 snow leopard.
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macmanmacman wrote:
No!!!

Apple has really almost stopped support for leopard this is very true the last version of safari was just released with the last version of flash player being 10.2 they pretty much have just almost given up with leopard look at all the new software most now require 10.6 snow leopard.

You can see the link in my last post on the Apple site for 10.5: may not be the support page you are looking for, but it is a support page.

Also, as of this post, Adobe is on Flash 10.3. Furthermore, it appears they offer support for 10.3 all the way back to OS 10.4 for Intel machines. There may be hiccups as Adobe and Apple continue to joust, but there are plenty of options.

While nobody disagrees that they may not send out updates and focus is on newer OS's, there is still quite a bit of software that operates on OS 10.5.
3.5GHz 6C MP, D700s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: