123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ok i have lots of questions and i need lots of answers..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: ok i have lots of questions and i need lots of answers.. Reply with quote

ok i purchased a new mac mini 2011 model the system specs are as follows

Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MM41.0042.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.65f2

so i have lots of boot camp question's

1. i have no plans on going online with windows because i don't want any viruses or malware on my macintosh is there a way to disable the internet explorer and media player and media center to shrink install all i am going to be playing is alien vs predator 2 thats it with the hd upgrade pack.

2. once that is finished my question is can i install windows xp service pack 2 in boot camp or do i need a service pack 2 disk???

3. another question if i decide to upgrade to windows vista/windows 7/windows 8 beta will it allow me to customize my install so i can remove the internet explorer????
saul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No approved way of disabling Internet Explorer. It is like trying to remove Finder from OSX. Some European versions of Vista/7 supposedly have it removed after they got sued.

Reading material: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removal_of_Internet_Explorer

Where are you getting XP? The current is SP3. Normally you install patches using IE. You can download the SP image from Microsoft's web site first but they discourage that except for "IT" use.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i already own xp service pack 1 family pack so i can install it one multiple machines and i know you can uninstall internet explorer now without issues
and remove media player so I'm not too concerned there but still i was wondering if i could install the service pack?????
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macmanmacman wrote:
i already own xp service pack 1 family pack so i can install it one multiple machines and i know you can uninstall internet explorer now without issues
and remove media player so I'm not too concerned there but still i was wondering if i could install the service pack?????

You'll need SP2 at minimum, Bootcamp requirements say you can't install with SP1. You can slip-stream SP2 into your install to create a new installer. I did this the first time around several years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: