123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipad 2 home button broke ( 5 star customer service)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Ipad 2 home button broke ( 5 star customer service) Reply with quote

I noticed lately my home button was acting funny. I would press it once, and then it would act like I pressed it twice. Sometimes it wouldn't do anything. After taking out any software issues out of the equation I was issued a replacement. First call was to troubleshoot for software issues. Then I called again on a Monday after I was sure it was a hardware issue on Tuesday I had a prepaid box to ship it back. On the same day I called Fedex and they picked it up. On Wednesday they said the received it. On Thursday I received my fresh new ipad 2. Very Happy

Granted at first they tried to get me to pay for tech support but I said I could figure it out. They pointed me in the right direction so they could verify later if the return would be legit under warranty. Of course they tried to get me to buy Applecare which I wasn't interested in.
ReliantLion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you make your purchase? And is it Apple you called or the retailer?
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ReliantLion"]Where did you make your purchase? And is it Apple you called or the retailer?[/quo

Apple online store 5 minutes or less after they were listed on the site. So it was one of the first. I called Apple tech support.
robertadams

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you it that way,my experience did not went well as i expected.
ChevroletChap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applecare is the most recommended when it comes to tech issues, but sometimes it really depends on the technical support representative, their knowledge, skill and genuine concern. I remember a couple of not-so-good instances with their support team, had to call a few times to address my concern, well that was my first few days being a certified iPhone owner, it's understandable, haha. Though others give 5 star customer experience. Sometimes a local tech support can resolve issues efficiently. Glad to know your concern was addressed A-SAP! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: