123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IPad & IPod Alone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: IPad & IPod Alone? Reply with quote

The WWDC conference has started and in the keynote presentation they mentioned that the iPads can be stand alone units not requiring computers. Is this feature for all iOS devices or just iPads? If iPod Touches can connect directly to the iTunes store via WiFi shouldn't they be capable of being stand alone devices too?

I also saw in the iCloud demonstration that a Pages file was transferred to an iPhone. Is Pages available for iPhones and iPod Touches or was it just a file that was viewable, not changeable?

Smallwheels

www.MySpace.com/Beninate
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: IPad & IPod Alone? Reply with quote

Smallwheels wrote:
Is Pages available for iPhones and iPod Touches or was it just a file that was viewable, not changeable?

I went to the Apple site and was looking around at iWork. It does have the capability of being run on all iOS devices. This really makes me happy. If Apple makes Garage Band work on the iPod Touch it will make my day.

Smallwheels

www.MySpace.com/Beninate
robertadams

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Just one question, when you get a app from the iCloud do you get it's data from the old iPod? Like for example my old Sim's world or doodle jump scores? I know some are stored on GameCentre but what about the rest?
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something I don't know about. I still haven't bought an iOS device yet. I'm just a computer customer so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: