123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic Mouse VS. Magic Trackpad
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fired up the old mighty mouse ( its been awhile ). I really really like this mouse when it works. Very Happy Its a very comfortable mouse, and just seems more mac when doing things compared to my generic corded mouse. Still might opt for one of the new ones.
castaway

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the Magic Trackpad. It feels more natural and comfortable to me. The Magic Mouse just sits too low for a mouse and doesn't have the range for multi-touch. It is a solid mouse though. I will give it that.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the track pad in today. Already learned it very easy to get used and fun to play with. One thing bad is it seems to be more tiring I can go a week straight ( exaggeration) with a mouse and not get any fatigue. This I can already feel my fingers getting lame. So it's a cool add on not sure I will be using it all the time. Just typing this I can feel my right hand fingers are having a harder time to keep up with the left that hasn't used it. I haven't even used this for an hour yet either. I really don't think there is any cure for it other than to make gestures way faster so you barely have to move your fingers, but even then it wouldn't be as easy as a mouse. Still fun and I do recommend it for the casual user.
jb
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're using a different set of muscles, just take it easy for a bit, your finger muscles need to learn the moves, you will get used to it.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb wrote:
You're using a different set of muscles, just take it easy for a bit, your finger muscles need to learn the moves, you will get used to it.

I hear ya I am starting to do things much softer and its helping. It's so smooth to use the more I get used to it. I am really liking it. It's that lifting up on my fingers that needs the strength. I also had it in a bad position with my arm up higher I placed it lower and I don't have to pick up so much. That's helped more as well.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well an old thread but I figured I would say a few things. I got to the point early on where I almost loathed the trackpad. I actually put it away, and considered ebaying it or just forget about it move on with life. Then Lion came along I starting using it more and more. Someone on here said stick with it ( that was great advice). I'm glad I brought it out of hibernation I'm really attached to it now. I like it much better than a mouse now. It took me awhile to copy and paste things smoothly and still need improvement in some areas for fast tasking. But I would say I feel more connected to my mac now. When I grab my mouse it just feels like I'm disconnected somehow. Anyways I think it makes for a very smooth flowing way to interact with your mac. Although I haven't' owned the magic mouse my vote goes for the trackpad no question. I just don't like moving my arm around the desk anymore. I really appreciate the smooth flow of the trackpad and not just just for browsing I use it for everything. I will master this its just takes time and it's rewarded big time. It's a faster smoother more efficient way to task once certain muscles are used to it.
MacWaffler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own both and I love the TrackPad, my mouse is currently powered off and stashed at the rear of my desk, so far haven't found any task the TrackPad doesn't handle perfectly.

I have no idea where I'm going, but I'm making great time...
gaby

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe this can help you
http://www.macworld.com/article/1159694/magic_trackpad_magic_mouse_fight.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: