123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Product Professional

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Apple Product Professional Reply with quote

I received this from Apple today. Basically you take a bunch of tests on various Apple products, if you pass enough tests you get a pin and a certificate.

If I wasn't an Apple Geek I'd think it was geeky, but I like it. It's pretty cool.

Last edited by Bandit Bill on Wed May 25, 2011 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the link or picture is broken B. What is it? How can I get one?
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I think the link or picture is broken B. What is it? How can I get one?

That should be better. The site that was hosting the photo was slow. I switched it to another site.

You have to be an Apple authorized reseller to take the training. I took about 30 tests to get the APP certification. The next level is Apple Sales Professional. The tests are starting to get difficult... Enterprise level stuff.

I've been learning a lot of stuff over the past couple months working for a very busy Apple reseller (4 stores in Western Canada). I'm not making very much money, but I'm having fun. I'll probably return to oil field work soon, now that the economy has picked up.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Bill!

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, apple resale business, wonder ho well that would go with my firearms manufacturing business dreams, maybe write some ballistics software and do some package deals with an iPod Touch for in field use and a MacBook Pro for heavy calculating, multi-variable plotting, etc.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dungeon92 wrote:
Hmmm, apple resale business, wonder ho well that would go with my firearms manufacturing business dreams, maybe write some ballistics software and do some package deals with an iPod Touch for in field use and a MacBook Pro for heavy calculating, multi-variable plotting, etc.

Thanks SC.

Ballistics software would be a great category. I know a lot of hunters that would pay money to improve their shooting. We get some pretty drastic temperature fluctuations, that effect shooting.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
dungeon92 wrote:

Thanks SC.

Ballistics software would be a great category. I know a lot of hunters that would pay money to improve their shooting. We get some pretty drastic temperature fluctuations, that effect shooting.

Temperature fluctuations are hard to deal with, they affect the primer, powder burn rate, which can cause 100+ difference in fps (depending on powder used) altering the ballistic coefficient, air pressure for a given elevation. Then there's the matter of zero of the rifle, how is it altered by the change in conditions? where on the reticle is the point of aim at a given range? Even dedicated systems have problems with these factors, then add wind drift and it gets real complicated as no one can easily account for wind speed from them to the target, also wind direction from every possible angle (if shooting around cliffs and in mountains upward and downward can impact trajectory). Ballistic software can't really help the shooter much beyond what a target shooter or experienced and trained hunter would be able to account for. Currently some of the advanced ballistic software does its best and then the BORS system by Barrett that is designed for .50 BMG and .416 Berrett long range rifles can't account for wind still, but can account for temp, air pressure, and rifle angle with preloaded cartridge data.

Ballistic software is only really limited by data collection anymore, nothing really unique unless you are able to build a massive library of data for each specific powder and bullet. That, however, would be incredibly costly and almost impossible to keep consistent as powder lots vary in burn rates enough to make variances enough that long range you miss by an inch or two, which is significant to target shooters and can matter when shooting long range for hunting (not uncommon with some mountain game or with open plains game).

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Bill. Very nice. You deserve it!
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=Dino1956
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dino1956 wrote:
Congrats Bill. Very nice. You deserve it!

Thanks Dino Smile
Now I can give a bit of sales advice if needed. When I first started I had a lot of general knowledge. Now I have a lot of specific product knowledge. I'm still learning though. I learn a lot every day.
albert2k

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations.
Macbook Air - 1.8GHz - Intel Core i5
4GB Memory - 250 GB Hard Disk
OS X Mountain Lion
iPad 2 - iPhone 4
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats that would be cool. Good luck on the next one.
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple Product Professional Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:

I received this from Apple today. Basically you take a bunch of tests on various Apple products, if you pass enough tests you get a pin and a certificate.

If I wasn't an Apple Geek I'd think it was geeky, but I like it. It's pretty cool.

I have a few of those from my days working as an ASR for a third party company contracted by Apple. It is pretty cool, though yes.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Bill!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: