123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best thesis writing software?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daceymathers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Best thesis writing software? Reply with quote

kraft wrote:
I'm starting the process of writing my MSc thesis (microbiology), and want to know the best program to use. I have access to both MS office and iWork 09, and have heard a bit about latex. I also have parallels running so Windows7 programs are another option.

Recommendations?

Also, are there any packages to add scientific terms to the dictionaries of Pages or Word so that it doesn't think they are misspelled (rather than entering them one by one)?

Thanks

Idea Rover is one of the best software for thesis writing.Idea Rover is a note-taking automation tool with a clean interface.Idea Rover automates organizing your research material into outline-structured notes.
lidador

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update things a bit. Since late 2010 I have been using Word 2008 (decided to not update to Word 2011) and moved from Bookends to EndNote X4 http://www.endnote.com/ as bibliography manager. I had an old (version 3) license of EndNote, later updated to version 5, and they offered me a nice price for an update to X4. All is going perfectly here.

By the way, some of recent suggestions I read here, are promotions of recent software that, as far as I can understand, can't work together with a reference (bibliography) database and don't even work in Macintosh Operative System. Must be a joke, right?

lidador wrote:
You can try a lot of software and you can lose a lot of time...

In your place I would chose something standard, useful for this project and for the years to come. I would go with Word 2008 + Bookends.
Sundeep Grandhi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Found a great experience with Online Thesis writers Reply with quote

When I was ready to start my Thesis writing, I was also thought like that to go with software tool. But, it comes to practical; I found a great problem with the tools. The reason is the tools helped me to provide me the thesis structure. I was fine with the structure but, I am not satisfy with the quality of writing. It was good up to tenses and the feasible contexts but in cases like"using Voices" "jargon words" and duplicate content. Then, I thought to go with the help of writers who have an experience in thesis writing. At that time I come across with many people but among those I much feel better with http://buythesis.net/ people.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Found a great experience with Online Thesis writers Reply with quote

Sundeep Grandhi wrote:
Then, I thought to go with the help of writers who have an experience in thesis writing. At that time I come across with many people but among those I much feel better with http://buythesis.net/ people.

I've been struggling with my thesis and the professor keeps sending it back to me saying it's still not strong.

When you used buythesis.net, did you use the thesis statement as they sent it to you, or did you modify it? Also, did you tell the instructor you used the web service? I'm just curious because this instructor is big on references, and plagiarism would get me kicked out of school.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: