123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazon Cloud Drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Amazon Cloud Drive Reply with quote

Has anyone here checked out the new Amazon Cloud Drive service and updated player for Android? They are pretty awesome in my book. Here's hoping that Apple does something similar with MobileMe and iOS!
ReliantLion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have liked this a few years ago, but since I've discovered Pandora, I've realized I don't need to collect any music at all. If Pandora ever caves, I'd definitely use a music cloud, but I'd wait for it to be on iTunes.

MobileMe is probably to slow. They could just make the music you buy on iTunes streaming and downloadable.
zedtvl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devo do you know if there is a way to transfer my purchase of a MP3 from Cloud to ITune?
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zedtvl wrote:
Devo do you know if there is a way to transfer my purchase of a MP3 from Cloud to ITune?

The music you upload or transfer needs to be DRM free. What are you trying to do?

@ ReliantLion

No doubt, Pandora is an awesome service. I use it myself all the time.

I know there are other options, such as Dropbox, but this just strikes me as nice way to centralize a small part of my music collection for free. I also have limited storage on my Android phone, so that helps with the app.
khisayruou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just signed up for amazon cloud and im definitely loving it, i hope there will be an app under ios...im sure there will be, just a matter of time.

im a little unhappy my previous purchases can't go to the cloud without it taking up space, but this is a bigger incentive for me to keep buying my music on amazon for sure.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khisayruou wrote:
just signed up for amazon cloud and im definitely loving it, i hope there will be an app under ios...im sure there will be, just a matter of time.

An app for the iPad would just rock! I mean, even something through the browser would be cool. Not sure if Amazon will release one though. There seems to be a strong commitment in pushing Android out of Amazon these days, which is something that probably makes sense for them. I think there are some rumors about an Andriod-based Kindle dropping sometime soon.
zedtvl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
zedtvl wrote:

The music you upload or transfer needs to be DRM free. What are you trying to do?

Thanks for your answer Devo I just want to put the song on itune then on my Ipod I putted on Cloud by mistake, it was the first time I got a song.
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely loving both the Cloud Drive and Player. I just hope they keep the free 20GB going with an album purchase every year.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong, but there may never be an app for iOS due to the newer subscription rules Apple applied to developers. If so, that would be a shame. The Cloud Drive and Player are really nice products.
iLife's a Bitch!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can now reportedly use the Cloud Player with iOS through Safari. I tested it yet with our iPad, but cool beans. I just love Amazon music these days. Heck, I don't even venture into the iTMS anymore.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/07/amazon-cloud-player-streams-tunes-to-ios-following-silent-updat/#comment-199536575
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: