123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases iPhoto 9.1.2 Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases iPhoto 9.1.2 Update Reply with quote

Apple Releases iPhoto 9.1.2 Update
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Posted by: Glenn

Apple has released the iPhoto 9.1.2 Update via their Software Update utility and website for direct download. According to the company, this update adds new card themes to iPhoto '11. It also improves overall stability and addresses a number of other minor issues, including the following:

- Addresses an issue that prevented the Zoom slider from being accessible in Magnify (1-Up) view.
- Fixes an issue where Toolbars were not auto-hiding in Full Screen view.
- Search field now correctly performs an "includes" search when searching by text string.
- Fixes minor formatting issues with book, card and calendar themes.
- Message Size of emails now correctly updates when changes are made using the Photo Size menu.
- Addresses an issue that prevented some iPhoto 5 libraries from upgrading correctly.
- Multiple book pages can now be drag-selected when in All Pages view.
- Design tools in print project panels are now accessible via separate Layout and Options buttons.
- Photo backgrounds applied to a book are now preserved when book type is changed.
- Tab key can now be used to navigate through all text fields in a book project.

The iPhoto 9.1.2 Update weighs in at 106.32MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1616.html
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This version of iPhoto (iPhoto '11) has been such a letdown for me performance wise. I really hope the next version goes 64-bit.
Phil T

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, I had an issue upgrading to this new version. My refurbished 2010 mini would not take the upgrade from the App store or from Software Update. Apparently because I set up my mini using Migration Assistant from a MacBook Pro that had the software installed from the App Store, the Mini software got confused.

The solution was to uninstall and reinstall Iphoto from the setup disks, then it would take it from Software Update.
gertrude

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded he update and tried to run it. A panel came up that said that my version of iphoto 11 must be updated via the App store and refused to update.

I purchased my copy through the App store.
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gertrude wrote:
I downloaded he update and tried to run it. A panel came up that said that my version of iphoto 11 must be updated via the App store and refused to update.

I purchased my copy through the App store.

You might try deleting your iPhoto.plst files or the .plst files for the Mac App Store itself. I would also make sure that you are running 10.6.7.
gertrude

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE

Opened the application store and it prompted for an update that turned out to be the new iphoto version.

The update through the app store was 761mb. the download and update went without problems.
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gertrude wrote:
UPDATE

Opened the application store and it prompted for an update that turned out to be the new iphoto version.

The update through the app store was 761mb. the download and update went without problems.

Cool. I've had some problems with getting updates through the Mac App Store. I'm glad you didn't need to do any further troubleshooting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: