123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest & Greatest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Latest & Greatest Reply with quote

What features will be in the next iPod Touch that aren't in the current one? Give your best guesses. I'm not up with the current features that these devices have or don't have. I just know that faster processors are always better.

On another site I've been reading that a couple of iPhone parts suppliers haven't gotten a new timeline or whatever, to tell them when to stop production of the iPhone 4 and start producing the next version iPhone 5. Due to this information, other Apple news sites have speculated that the next iPhone won't be out on its regular schedule. It might be delayed a few months.

If this happens would it mean that the next iPod Touch, that would historically be debuted in September, would get an upgraded chip before the iPhone 5? Do you think the next iPod Touch will continue with the A4 chip and not get any really significant hardware improvements? Do you think the iPod Touch would not be refreshed until after the next iPhone is out several months later?

Last weekend I went to see an iPad and liked it better than the first generation. What I didn't like very much was the screen. Maybe the lighting was bad, but; it didn't seem very sharp. Unfortunately I didn't get to see an iPod Touch with the Retina Display. I want to go back this weekend and see one in person.

The work I need to do with viewing the internet could be done with one of those. I just want to display mobile enabled web sites for customers. I could do that with an iPad or iPod Touch using a WiFi hotspot or 3G mobile hotspot.

I could probably wait five months for a newer version of the iPod Touch or just get a device now and see what it can do.

Do iPod Touches have good resale value?

Smallwheels

www.MySpace.com/Beninate
http://DoNotDieYet.blogspot.com
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Latest & Greatest Reply with quote

Smallwheels wrote:
If this happens would it mean that the next iPod Touch, that would historically be debuted in September, would get an upgraded chip before the iPhone 5?

I would expect if the iPhone launch is to be delayed it will drop into the same update period as the iPod Touch so maybe both will be upgraded together.

I had just made the decision to buy the new iPhone 5 when it launched. I don't really want to buy an iPhone 4 now knowing an update is due soon, so it looks like I'll be keeping hold of my money for now Razz

I have a company supplied mobile phone which has just broken so I'm in the process of getting an upgrade but they don't allow us to have iPhones. I did think about just buying my own iPhone and using their sim I don't need two phones but I can't register their sim in an iPhone. So I'm currently waiting for my new HTC with windows mobile to arrive Evil or Very Mad I'll have to see if I can get on with it for a few months and then decided on the iPhone 5

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: