123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPod Color Flash mod

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AT0MAC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: iPod Color Flash mod Reply with quote

Pre-story:

I today received my 'new' iPod Color bought on eBay.
Bought it cheaply with a faulty battery and very scratched case, ideal for mod'ing.
I just went on disassembling it, went to eBay and got a new black U2 front, the regular chrome back, the red click wheel, new 750MHa battery, a IDE converter and now comes the questions...

Questions:

1)
Will an 4G iPod Color accept an 32GB CF flash card?
Have seen guides were people used up to 16GB, but cant find any that succeeded with 32... I want 32GB if it would accept it!

2)
Am looking at a Kingston Elite Pro 32GB CF card, anyone have anything to say about those?

3)
Anyone have any tried to lacker or spray paint the chrome back of an iPod, and how was the result?
I dont like chrome so much...

Hope you are willing to help, will post pictures when pieces start to arrive.

Cheers Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: