123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help with 2 tvs OTA +1 mac mini... recording..etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vert18

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: need help with 2 tvs OTA +1 mac mini... recording..etc Reply with quote

What I have

A TV with a digital tuner built in
Another TV without any tuner built in(or converter)

An antenna on top of my house, the coax cable that is split to each tv. (not currently hooked up to the tvs... just waiting)

A Mac Mini (server if you need to know)
an apple tv(one)
ps3
wifi

So....

Right now I can hook up the OTA antenna to both tvs (if I get a converter for one of them). I can scan and get all local channels just fine, on both tvs.

I have a mac mini (currently serving itunes/apple tv stuff) and storing important photos/etc. Well actually just serving them from a synology raid box.

What would be the best way to be able to record from the OTA signal and be able to play it back on either tv?

Don't think a(or 2) home run boxes would help with control fom a tv.. they just for computers.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you just get an Elgato tuner for recording, then throw the recordings in H.264 to the Apple TV or PS3 connected to the second TV?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: