123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slow downloads & ETC w/ AppleTv vs PS3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doug C

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Slow downloads & ETC w/ AppleTv vs PS3 Reply with quote

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed with my new AppleTV. Here's my situation, my internet speed is too slow, less than 1mps and I'm going to have that corrected this week. My speed is causing buffering of my downloads on my new Atv. BUT with that said the downloading is much slower than on a brand new Sony PS3 we got this evening. Actually the downloading on the sony do not buffer at all, even with my current speed.

The second frustration is that with the new AppleTV you do not get to see on screen any programming that must be rented... you only see instant streaming !!!! Wow, I can not believe how ridiculous that is. The PS3 shows both, streams and rentals (though there is no que for rentals either). With the PS3 you have to go to your computer (that may be in another room or whatever) to add rentals to your que. But what's worse is that with AppleTV not only do you have to do the same thing but you have to go to the computer just to even see what's available to rent!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: