123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Budget and Accounting Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WCWalker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Budget and Accounting Software Reply with quote

I need to find something to replace Microsoft Money but for the Mac OSX.

I've tried Budget but it is not at all intuitive for the way my mind works. I've just tried Squirrel and while it makes more sense than Budget it is just too bare bones for my needs.

Can someone recommend a program that is similar to Money but not as advanced as Quicken? I need a more traditional Speadsheet program and not a "Envelope" method like Budget.
fuentecigar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a spreadsheet is all you need, Numbers in iWork is good. I use it for financial matters.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuentecigar wrote:
If a spreadsheet is all you need, Numbers in iWork is good. I use it for financial matters.

I use Numbers as well. You might also look into Moneywell or Mint as an online solution. Cha-Ching used to be another good one, but they were bought out by Quicken. You might be able to find an old copy or something out on the Torrents though.
WCWalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions. I went to Version Tracker and found a few priced around $30 which appear to be what I need right now. I am going to demo three of them to see which one is best for my needs.
Rightondamark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url="http://www.syniumsoftware.com/ifinance/"]iFinance[/url] is my favorite financial app for the Mac. You can try a demo, but when it comes to buy (if you likey) do it on the Mac App Store. They have a promo for 50% off.
WCWalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rightondamark"][url="http://www.syniumsoftware.com/ifinance/"]iFinance[/url] is my favorite financial app for the Mac. You can try a demo, but when it comes to buy (if you likey) do it on the Mac App Store. They have a promo for 50% off.[/quote]

Yup. This is one of the three that I am currently using and so far it seems to suit me best of the three I am trying. Most likely I will purchase it.
WCWalker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Squirrel Reply with quote

I decided to mess around a little more with Squirrel and I was able to determine that it is possible to track Income by a specific date range. I think I will keep this instead of iFinance because Squirrel appears to be able to do what I need. And I've found it is very easy to learn and use. iFinance is still a good program though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: