123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini - 2009 - won't display full screen on 47" TV -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost240

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini - 2009 - won't display full screen on 47" TV - Reply with quote

I currently have my 2009 mac mini setup to my sharp 1080p 47" TV. When I had it hooked up previously through VGA all was fine.
I have recently switched to a new receiver and want to use HDMI switching. When I choose 1080P as the resolution it only fills about 80% of the screen and it is hard to read anything because it seems blurry. I have played with turning overscan on and off. One way it takes up too much of the screen the other way it doesnt take up enough.
I also have this hooked up with the display to DVI connector with a DVI to HDMI connector hooked up to that. Is this what is causing the problem?
Thanks!
opengl128

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue with my 46" 1080P Sharp TV. Set your output resolution to 1080P, enable overscan, and on the TV, set your view mode to dot by dot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: