123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Wireless Keyboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doug

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Apple Wireless Keyboard Reply with quote

I have an older, original, Apple Wireless Keyboard, the white one with numeric pad. Recently it has started to lose it's connection. If I gently tap the keyboard it reconnects. This happens randomly throughout the day maybe 3 or 4 times. I've replaced the batteries and also deleted the keyboard from Bluetooth and re-added it but nothing seems to work.

Am I doomed to replace this wireless keyboard or is there something else I can do?

If it's life is over does anyone have a replacement suggestion. I do need a numeric keypad.
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the contacts in the battery compartment are slightly corroded or not making contact. Or it is simply end of life.
philiparcario
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try a q-tip with a bit of wd 40 at the contact. also a piece of aluminum foil at the battery end can snug the connection up a bit. if you have ever done this with a flashlight you will understand what i mean. phil

promise pegasus r6 3x 3tb + 3x 4tb =21tb hdds
lacie little big disk 2x 512gb ssds
synology 2tb disk station
Doug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried a light filing of the contacts and making a firmer connection. But alas those did not solve the problem.

Guess I'm looking for a new keyboard when I get tired of the 'lost connections'.

Any suggestions for a good bluetooth keyboard with a numeric pad?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: