123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Halo anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAKE DW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Halo anyone? Reply with quote

just curious if anyone still played halo for mac anymore. it put it today for the first time in years and there was literally no one playing. if anyone wants to play let me know. thanks!
1s gen iPod Touch 16g HDD Jailbroken
32g iPad wifi
8g iPhone 3GS black
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say halo is dead right now because a lot of halo fan's are boycotting microsoft's decision to shut down the servers for halo 2 on the xbox which is driving gamers to ask the question..

if you shut down the xbox version of halo 2 how come you are not shutting down the pc version...

The answer..

Simple microsoft wants to make money by charging gamers 80.00 to upgrade halo 3 and halo odst by selling content because they cannot make any money off of halo 2 anymore they decided to shut it down.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say halo is dead right now because a lot of halo fan's are boycotting microsoft's decision to shut down the servers for halo 2 on the xbox which is driving gamers to ask the question..

if you shut down the xbox version of halo 2 how come you are not shutting down the pc version...

The answer..

Simple microsoft wants to make money by charging gamers 80.00 to upgrade halo 3 and halo odst by selling content because they cannot make any money off of halo 2 anymore they decided to shut it down.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer..

Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely game on my Macs.

However, even though he said it enough times Wink , Halo on computers doesn't use XBL. It's all listen servers.

Also, I'm one of the people that won't be renewing my XBL subscription. I'm curious how many other people aren't renewing.

Steel Battalions for ever! I need a Vertical Tank that has the same start up sound as a Mac! Laughing

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the triple post comcast was on the fritz last night.

And there will be a lot of people canceling there xbox live subscriptions because of this it is unfair to leave the Pc version and mac version's online so microsoft can charge players for updates and new map's this is why i don't play halo online and i own both halo 3 and odst and i am not impressed with both games the graphics are gone the nice and best engine is still halo 1 and 2 in my books.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect a spammer, 'cuz who else would play Halo on a PS2?

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
tumbleweed05

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm still playing! tumbleweed05 is the nick i use on multiplayer. i'm on version 2.0.4 and there's loads of servers and people. usually in the range of 500+ players and 100+ servers.
NVIDIA 9400M (256MB)

16GB iPod touch 2G
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other thing as well you also need to consider...

halo was the most pirated mac game so why do you think people are not playing it online simple cant play the pirated version online so they use the hack server update and play there as well.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Talked to several people at different forums all came back with the same answer why there are not a lot of people online with halo.

It's the universal binary update users are not happy with they are mad that they cannot join the universal binary servers for halo for macintosh without updating to the universal binary version of halo they are also mad because they have to purchase the universal binary update from microsoft for 19.99 to order a cd or 9.99 to download the update which didn't sit well with people spending 9.99 to upgrade that old of a title isnt really worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: