123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Announces Release of iOS 4.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Apple Announces Release of iOS 4.2 Reply with quote

Apple Announces Release of iOS 4.2
Monday, November 22, 2010
Posted by: Kenan

Apple today announced that iOS 4.2, the latest version of the their mobile operating system, is available today for download for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. iOS 4.2 brings over 100 new features from iOS 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 to iPad including Multitasking, Folders, Unified Inbox, Game Center, AirPlay and AirPrint.

"iOS 4.2 makes the iPad a completely new product, just in time for the holiday season," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "Once again, the iPad with iOS 4.2 will define the target that other tablets will aspire to, but very few, if any, will ever be able to hit."

iOS 4.2 is compatible with iPad, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, second and third generation iPod touch (late 2009 models with 32GB or 64GB) and new iPod touch. Some features may not be available on all products. For example, Multitasking requires iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, third generation iPod touch (late 2009 models with 32GB or 64GB) or later.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1558.html
MrBabou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, at last!! Now lets just hope it doesn't brick some devices...
caulktel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far so good on my iPhone 4. The mail app is really cool now, one common inbox if you want it for multiple accounts. The voice icon has been changed also but the app seems to be the same. I will have to check it out further this afternoon.
iPhone 4S 16GB
caulktel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: On my iPhone 4 Reply with quote

It looks like Airprint is going to work my HP 6500 on Dec. 27th. As for Airplay, I haven't figured if that will work at all as I don't have a Apple TV. Still ,a good upgrade. Still trying to figure out how to use the Find My Phone app.
iPhone 4S 16GB
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to look up how to multitask. HA! It's seems like jumping through hoops to x out an app that is running, but if it doesn't hurt to run them all I guess it doesn't matter much.

Anyways ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME!
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thumb's up for me. It's like having a new iPad.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah airplay ROCKS BIG TIME. I don't have an apple tv wish I could own one, but I got an analog tv. You can stream Pandara with the ipad to an airport. Very cool just double click the home button to show the apps that are open. Then move it to the left to see the volume controls, and click the airplay button to choose the base station. Neat o.

I just did that and then put the ipad in sleep mode and went back to my desktop to type this. That's a nice option for me. Very Happy
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting to see the AppleTV converted into a living room computer. The iPod touch can already run iTunes, Safari, Mail, etc.

All it needs is a bluetooth keyboard and trackpad. I know bluetooth isn't listed as supported but I think the wi-fi chip in it also supports bluetooth.

All it would need is a new Bluetooth keyboard + trackpad at 100$, then Apple TV for 100$, use your HDTV for the monitor.

Living room Apple computer for 200$.
2nd gen. iPod shuffle (1 GiB)
jayhead000

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an iphone/ipod touch you don't need a keyboard or mouse. That remote function, with the keyboard is a life saver when having to type on the apple TV! they need to make a "track pad" app for the iphone already! logitech has one out, but i want apple to make one that will work with apple tv a little better than "remote".
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow they must done something right. I'm on the iPad a lot more now. Love multitasking that just about made all the difference besides how cool airplay is while tasking...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: