123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Beatles Now On iTunes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: The Beatles Now On iTunes Reply with quote

The Beatles Now On iTunes
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Posted by: Glenn

Apple Corps, EMI and Apple today announced that the Beatles, the most influential and beloved rock band in music history, are now available for the first time on the iTunes Store. Starting today, the group's 13 legendary remastered studio albums with iTunes LPs, the two-volume "Past Masters" compilation and the classic "Red" and "Blue" collections are available for purchase and download on iTunes worldwide as either albums or individual songs. Fans can also get a special digital "Beatles Box Set" featuring the "Live at the Washington Coliseum, 1964" concert film, a worldwide iTunes exclusive which captures the Beatles' very first US concert.

"We're really excited to bring the Beatles' music to iTunes," said Sir Paul McCartney. "It's fantastic to see the songs we originally released on vinyl receive as much love in the digital world as they did the first time around."

"I am particularly glad to no longer be asked when the Beatles are coming to iTunes," said Ringo Starr. "At last, if you want it-you can get it now-The Beatles from Liverpool to now! Peace and Love, Ringo."

"We love the Beatles and are honored and thrilled to welcome them to iTunes," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "It has been a long and winding road to get here. Thanks to the Beatles and EMI, we are now realizing a dream we've had since we launched iTunes ten years ago."

"In the joyful spirit of Give Peace A Chance, I think it is so appropriate that we are doing this on John's 70th birthday year," said Yoko Ono Lennon.

"The Beatles on iTunes-Bravo!" said Olivia Harrison.

"The Beatles and iTunes have both been true innovators in their fields," said EMI Group CEO Roger Faxon. "It's a privilege for everybody at EMI to work with Steve Jobs and with Apple Corps' Jeff Jones and their teams in marking a great milestone in the development of digital music."

Each of the Beatles' 13 legendary remastered studio albums, including "Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band," "Revolver," "The Beatles [The White Album]" and "Abbey Road" include iTunes LPs, which create an immersive album experience with a beautiful design and expanded visual features including a unique mini-documentary about the creation of each album. The two-volume "Past Masters" compilation and the classic "Red" and "Blue" collections are also available.

Single albums are available for purchase and download for $12.99 each, double albums for $19.99 each and individual songs for $1.29 each.

The special digital "Beatles Box Set" ($149) contains the 13 remastered studio albums with iTunes LPs and all mini-documentaries, "Past Masters," and the "Live at the Washington Coliseum, 1964" concert film, a worldwide iTunes exclusive which captures the Beatles' very first US concert in its entirety. In addition, Beatles fans can stream and view the "Live at the Washington Coliseum, 1964" concert film from iTunes for free for the remainder of this calendar year.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1556.html
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad the Beatles are finally on iTunes. That rumor can be crossed off the checklist now for every event. I was kinda sick of hearing about it. Now, when are the G5 PowerBooks coming again? Wink
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more interested in the G5 Powerbook than this "event."

However, now it's done and we won't have to hear about it much more...

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Colstan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thankful that this has happened, so that we will never have to hear about it again. Ringo said that as well in the press release.

Forget the G5 PowerBook. I want a G6 Power Mac!

Colstan
theGimpiest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big deal.
ghostdawg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple is just Fixin A Hole... Razz
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on Ringo having the best comment. Very Happy
MrBabou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, iTunes is the biggest digital download music seller. They sold billions, and are still selling lots.

Rip MP3's out of Youtube Video? You have got to be kidding me, right? I've never been one to fuss about MP3 quality really - even a good 128K rip is fine for the car, for example. But Youtube stuff is good for watching on Youtube, not for ripping into MP3's!! It like compressing something that has already been compressed... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: