123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MacUpdate Unveils Fall 2010 Software Bundle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: MacUpdate Unveils Fall 2010 Software Bundle Reply with quote

MacUpdate Unveils Fall 2010 Software Bundle
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Posted by: Glenn

MacUpdate today announced the availability of their Fall 2010 Software Bundle. This year's version of the software bundle includes nine applications valued at more than $400 for $49.99. The applications included in the bundle are Toast 10 Titanium, Live Interior 3D Standard, My Living Desktop, Espionage 2, ShareTool 2, Get Backup Pro, Cashculator, MindNode Pro, Voila 3 and Concentrate. It's going to be available from the company through September 22nd.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1542.html
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toast 10 is certainly nice, but honestly I don't think a lot of people will be needing a new version of Toast until Blu-ray becomes common in Macs and blank Blu-ray disks become affordable. So far it doesn't look too promising.

They definitely should have added a game to the bundle. The additional productivity apps are cool, but you never really know if you are going to use them. At least if they they threw in a game, you'd get a little bit of added value if you didn't use the apps.

I realize Toast alone is worth more than $50, but these bundles are more about impulse buying. Presenting a deal that's too good to pass up. Being I'm the only one to respond to this thread in the 4 days it's been posted, I'd imagine I'm not the only one who less than excited.

What about you mind mapping fanatics, what do you think of the bundle?
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wind up buying a lot of these bundles, but all I can say about this one is "meh".

Toast 10? Do people really still burn optical media enough to warrant a stand-alone app for it? Sure, it was a great app in its day, but its relevance is seriously dwindling in the post-cd world. I have Toast 9, and I think I tried to use it once (unsuccessfully.) Usually, I just use disc utility.

There are a few other interesting looking apps in there, but buying them alone is still cheaper than the bundle.

Not this season Mac Update.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aargh-a-Knot wrote:
Toast 10? Do people really still burn optical media enough to warrant a stand-alone app for it? Sure, it was a great app in its day, but its relevance is seriously dwindling in the post-cd world.

I sort of cringe at the thought of DVDs cluttering my desk drawers and storage boxes. Usually every time a do a Spring cleaning I go through my burnt disks and throw some out. With affordable hard drive prices and great apps like Super Duper and Carbon Copy Cloner all of my backup is done on hard drives. It's so much easier.

I would have liked to have seen Skitch in this bundle. I love Skitch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: