123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Snow Leopard Graphics Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases Snow Leopard Graphics Update Reply with quote

Apple Releases Snow Leopard Graphics Update
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Posted by: Glenn

Apple has released the Snow Leopard Graphics Update via their Software Update utility and website. According to the company, this update contains stability and performance fixes for graphics applications and games, including fixes that:

- Address frame rate issues occurring in Portal and Team Fortress 2 on certain Mac

- Resolve an issue that could cause Aperture 3 or StarCraft II to unexpectedly quit or become unresponsive

The Snow Leopard Graphics Update weighs in at 65.65MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.4.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1534.html
adv2k169

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting. I downloaded portal when steam popped up and it chugged so bad I couldn't get past the main menu. Maybe it will work now, I think I deleted it in frustration so I may have to check if its on my external back up mini max drive.

I have Core Duo , 1.84 Ghz, 2 Gig ram machine with Mac OS 10.64, Chipset Model: GMA 950

Should I even bother looking for it in the external drive or is Portal too advanced for me regardless of this update?
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This actually fixed an issue I had. I have a 22" Samsung, when I displayed a gray background I could see what I perceived to be refresh flicker. I sent the monitor back and got a new one. Same issue. swapped cables, power sources, displayport mini dvi ect. Nothing same issue. I work in Lightroom and a gray background is optimal for me to edit photos. This new up date seems to have taken care of the problem.
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adv2k169 wrote:
interesting. I downloaded portal when steam popped up and it chugged so bad I couldn't get past the main menu. Maybe it will work now, I think I deleted it in frustration so I may have to check if its on my external back up mini max drive.

I have Core Duo , 1.84 Ghz, 2 Gig ram machine with Mac OS 10.64, Chipset Model: GMA 950

Should I even bother looking for it in the external drive or is Portal too advanced for me regardless of this update?

Unfortunately Portal will not work with the GMA950. It's a very weak intel integrated GPU. It's good enough for desktop usage, but games such as Portal and Starcraft 2 need at least an nVidia 9400M. The new Mac mini has an nVidia 320M which is even better.
2nd gen. iPod shuffle (1 GiB)
adv2k169

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvan256 wrote:
adv2k169 wrote:

Unfortunately Portal will not work with the GMA950. It's a very weak intel integrated GPU. It's good enough for desktop usage, but games such as Portal and Starcraft 2 need at least an nVidia 9400M. The new Mac mini has an nVidia 320M which is even better.

That's what I assumed, but its good to have confirmation.
myminirocks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if this will fix a bugging issue I have had with the new skinny mini. with the new one, when ever I turn the TV back on (once it has been off for a while) are frozen picture of what should be on the screen (eyetv frame) comes up for a second or 2, then it all goes light blue for a second or 2, then the propper picture comes up (still eyetv frame but still frozen for a second or 2) and then finally the picture is displayed correctly (eyetv playing properly)

Also, the mouse is ALWAYS on top of the eyetv window and does not disappear until I get the mouse and click on the window.

Never happened on the old mini connected via dvi-hdmi
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: