123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

smaller videos GLUED into one single

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundzen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: smaller videos GLUED into one single Reply with quote

i have 10 smaller videos, broken in parts from a single show and i want to glue them together to reconstruct the full lenght

what mac program do you advice please?

what extension must the videos be? thx!
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what type of video files are they ?

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
soundzen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avi but can become flac
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use QuickTime if you have Pro, just copy and paste them into one window.

However, AVI to FLAC sounds like you just want the audio. If you extract the audio from the files, you can use QuickTime again, or something like Audacity, which is free, to join the files.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
soundzen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx smith, and indeed its AVI not flac sorry! i dont have quicktime pro because i must pay so ill try the freeware Wink
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundzen wrote:
thx smith, and indeed its AVI not flac sorry! i dont have quicktime pro because i must pay so ill try the freeware Wink

I'm not sure but I think QuickTime X includes the Pro features, so it might already be there for you.

SC

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
mooblie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
I'm not sure but I think QuickTime X includes the Pro features, so it might already be there for you.
It doesn't, I'm afraid. If you want the QT Pro features, you have to keep a copy of QT 7 installed as well as QT X. Apple include QT 7 on the optional extra installs on the SL discs for this reason. There is no problem having them both installed. You still need your QT 7 Pro key to enable the Pro features in QT 7 though.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could perhaps also try TSmuXeR.

SC

Make sure it has pins!
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: smaller videos GLUED into one single Reply with quote

soundzen wrote:
i have 10 smaller videos, broken in parts from a single show and i want to glue them together to reconstruct the full lenght

what mac program do you advice please?

what extension must the videos be? thx!

Soundzen, I recommend VisualHub; drag the files into the main window, click the "Stitch files together" checkbox and then export to just about any format that you can think of.

The download link is in the pale green box...
http://www.machoe.com/1565/visual-hub-free-mac-video-convertero.html
fiat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: smaller videos GLUED into one single Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:

Soundzen, I recommend VisualHub; drag the files into the main window, click the "Stitch files together" checkbox and then export to just about any format that you can think of.

Hi Johnny,

I got VisualHub and tried it to put 4 small wmv video files into a single file. The result: (1) I click "Stitch files together" and the file format is set to "iTune", then I got a single mp4 file which has a major flaw: first part of the output file (the first small video) is perfect with audio, but the next 3 parts are without audio, (2) if I choose to output other format other than "iTune" (e.g., wmv), the "Stitch files together" become gray out and I can't check it.

Any idea? Thanks
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TS Muxer and append the files?

SC

Make sure it has pins!
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: smaller videos GLUED into one single Reply with quote

fiat wrote:
Hi Johnny,

I got VisualHub and tried it to put 4 small wmv video files into a single file. The result: (1) I click "Stitch files together" and the file format is set to "iTune", then I got a single mp4 file which has a major flaw: first part of the output file (the first small video) is perfect with audio, but the next 3 parts are without audio, (2) if I choose to output other format other than "iTune" (e.g., wmv), the "Stitch files together" become gray out and I can't check it.

Any idea? Thanks

Hi Fiat,

I tried to re-create your situation, but I don't have any .wmv files, so I dragged 5 .mov files into VisualHub instead. And sure enough, some output formats (in this case iTunes, DV, AVI, MP4 & MPEG) gave me the option of stitching the videos together, whereas the others (PSP, DVD, WMV and Flash) did not.

I suppose that the option of whether VH can stitch clips together or not is decided by a combination of the format of the clips and the format of the output file. So you could use VH to convert the clips to a different format before giving the converted clips to VH again to stitch together, but of course, each conversion will degrade the image quality a little. The only way to discover if the final result is watchable is to give it a try.

(N.B. Converting to a non-lossy format such as DV maintains the quality of the input file, but I think that DV is saved in only one of two picture heights: PAL and NTSC)

[Edit: After googling around, I've found an alternative app that's dedicated to stitching movies together: http://www.limit-point.com/Utilities/AddMovie.html
I've never used this, so if you download it and try it out, tell me how it goes!]
fiat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: smaller videos GLUED into one single Reply with quote

Hi Johnny, Thanks

Quote:
I tried to re-create your situation, but I don't have any .wmv files, so I dragged 5 .mov files into VisualHub instead. And sure enough, some output formats (in this case iTunes, DV, AVI, MP4 & MPEG) gave me the option of stitching the videos together, whereas the others (PSP, DVD, WMV and Flash) did not.

I suppose that the option of whether VH can stitch clips together or not is decided by a combination of the format of the clips and the format of the output file. So you could use VH to convert the clips to a different format before giving the converted clips to VH again to stitch together, but of course, each conversion will degrade the image quality a little. The only way to discover if the final result is watchable is to give it a try.

Did you suggested for several different formats and tried to stitch; all got the same result (lost audio).

Quote:
[Edit: After googling around, I've found an alternative app that's dedicated to stitching movies together: http://www.limit-point.com/Utilities/AddMovie.html
I've never used this, so if you download it and try it out, tell me how it goes!]

Downloaded and tried it. Got a perfect mov file without losing audio! However, 1) mov is the only output format after stitching, 2) to get different format, you need to export the mov file to other formats (not as many as VH), 3) it doesn't indicate when downloading, but after using, it says it's a demo version and only 11 days left for trial. (I went back to the site and still couldn't find anything about demo and there is no price info either!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: