123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Been able to get wireless scanning working? How?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Been able to get wireless scanning working? How? Reply with quote

For quite some time, I've been seeing mixed reviews about getting wireless scanning to work. Its difficult to tell, but I don't think its officially supported, but I've seen some report that they have been able to get it working, at least with HP and some Canon units. But even those who report it working say they had a difficult time getting it set-up. So, anyone here been able to scan wirelessly with OSX, and if so how? I'm working with a Canon MP600 connected to an old snow Airport Extreme.

Thanks!!!
Mini 2.0GHz (Early 2009), 4GB RAM, 320GB 72k RPM HD
TowerTone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Canon MX 860 and have no problem scanning wirelessly via Wi-Fi.
I had an MP 500 that would print through Bluetooth but not scan.

I believe the 600 is like the 500 in that it does NOT have built in Wi-Fi.
That seems to be what is required.
If you still want to give it a shot, be sure to have the latest Canon drivers loaded.

A good Canon Wi-Fi printer starts at about $160.00 (MX 870)
Good luck.
SoundFX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would it not be supported? This is what networking is all about...

HP Photosmart C6180 on WiFi
HP Photosmart C6280 on cat5
Samsung CLX-3175FW on WiFi

all scan to any Mac or PC computer on our home network, whether the computer be wired or wireless. The samsung can also email it's scans directly, without the need for a computer. Each computer can also print to any of these printers as well.

You need a multifunction or AIO unit (scan/print/copy) that supports wired or wireless networking, a home network, and computer on the network running the appropriate software-usually supplied with the scanning unit. Our Macs usually work without the software. Once you have all the pieces in place it works very well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: